Do leo companies give gymnasts free leos?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

Bella's Mom

Okay, so I watched a few episodes of Make It or Break It. I hadn't really seen any of it so I've been watching Season One episodes online.

On one of the episodes, the snotty blonde one is teasing the poor Y gymnasts about not having a clothing contract or sponsorship or something like that. I don't remember the exact phrase she used.

Do companies the GK and Alpha Factor supply top tier gymnasts with leos and other gymwear as a way to advertise?

GK is the official supplier of the National Team, and National Team gymnasts get leos through the National Team. So in that sense, yeah. Some gymnasts (like Nastia and Shawn) have had contracts with GK for "lines" and such so they were promoting that. However, obviously you could lose NCAA eligibility (which Nastia and Shawn did not keep their eligibility) and a fair percentage of elites are still aiming towards getting an NCAA scholarship.

yes.................................................

HA Ha HA HA HA HA HA HA ......Wait LOLOLOL......I wish - probably to Olympic teams or somthing like that where they will go around and say I lonve GK leos but us regular folks I can't say I've ever hear of it.

yes they do-even if you are not on Natl Team. The companies contact you if your athletes make classics/ championships & offer you leos and warm ups- its great advertising for them! You also get leo's when you qualify to Regionals (level 8), and a warm up too for JO East/ West & Nationals (L9/10). Tops A team also get leos, B team gets a wam up, as do the "develpmental pre-elite teams".

yes they do-even if you are not on Natl Team. The companies contact you if your athletes make classics/ championships & offer you leos and warm ups- its great advertising for them! You also get leo's when you qualify to Regionals (level 8), and a warm up too for JO East/ West & Nationals (L9/10). Tops A team also get leos, B team gets a wam up, as do the "develpmental pre-elite teams".

Some regions give/gave leos to their L8 girls for regionals. Our region had to stop that this year---couldn't afford it anymore.

really??? I cant imagine the leo coast more than $40?? At level 8- our leos come from each state. Thats stinky for the kids!

I think the price of the "free leos" are included in the registration fee for the meet. My DD got 2 "free" leos but the reg fee was over $100 for that meet. It well paid for those leos and the meet.

I wasn't so much asking about leos that come from meets. I was talking more for the gymnasts to wear during training....leos not associated with an actual competition.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back