Exam Time

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Iwannabemargo

Numpty Watcher
Proud Parent
Good luck to all with smalls doing SATS, GCSE's and AS/Alevels, its that time of year and I hope the stress levels arn't too high. I have one doing AS's and One doing SATS,but today I got paid to sit in the sunshine looking at the sea so its not all bad

Good luck to all with smalls doing SATS, GCSE's and AS/Alevels, its that time of year and I hope the stress levels arn't too high. I have one doing AS's and One doing SATS,but today I got paid to sit in the sunshine looking at the sea so its not all bad

My oldest is doing her SAT's in year 6, we are lucky that she doesn't go to a school that piles on the pressure , she has her Mental Maths tomorrow, they did the reading test on Monday and Spellings and Grammer today (I think), my daughter hates Maths (her weakest subject according to her). My daughter also has her gymnastics exam this weekend (Grades)

Good luck to all doing their exams this week

Good luck to your kiddos my eldest did her sats 2 years ago and her school really pile on the pressure, I'm of the opinion that you should be tested on what you are taught rather than a lot of schools method of teaching the test I have to say I didn't give fig what her results were I told her to try her best and to ignore the teachers banging on about how important these tests were. They weren't important for her only for the league tables secondary school pay no attention to them and in the end we didn't even get ear results as the school had to be investigated and the kids papers were given levels.

Sorry rant about sats over lol it really gets my back up

Rant away, I feel like the only reason for the SAT's is for the schools to look good for Ofsted , that is why many schools have piled on the pressure, a few local primary schools are like that, plenty of revision study a must, extra revision study at school during school holiday etc, if my daughters school asked her to go in during school holiday to revise for these little tests then my answer would have been no, if the school had asked then it would have seems to me that they have failed to teach what is needed during normal lessons, I guess our school is just confident that they have taught the children well during lessons. They did mock SAT's a few months ago and said nothing about the SAT's until they printed a reminder about the dates in the new letters. I think another reason for the pressure is to put the children in at higher levels then they are capable of, again just to look good in front of Ofsted. There is talk of children crying over these stupid tests and locking themselves away and revising, revising what it what I want to know, we were never given any revision material or told where to find it if it is online so I guess it wasn't necessary to revise.

SAT's and most other written exams is a snapshot of that particular moment in time and doesn't reflect what they have been learning all year, all these tests do is seperate the children with good memories from those with bad memories that cannot recall all that they have learnt even though the knowledge is there.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back