Excited to be here (Adult gymnastics)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I started gymnastics at 32 years old and I am a 6'-0" tall woman. I LOVED it. Right before I had my splits (I was an inch off the ground) and right when I had my back handspring (with a spot) I finally got pregnant. Now my dd is 2 years old and I plan to start back at the new year. I am very apprehensive as I am now very tight (over a foot off the ground trying to do the splits). But, I have tried other sports and there are none as fun as gymnastics. I will be moving to a new state soon, Tennessee or Virginia and both have adult gymnastics so I am so excited!

I think that's so cool that you started gymnastics as an adult. I cannot even fathom doing much more than a handstand at my age so it fascinates me to hear about adults taking classes. I love that! Welcome! :D

Love to see more adult gymnasts! I restarted gymnastics last year at age 43 after a 30 year gap. I did a few years of rec gym as a kid but never got past very basic skills. I'd love to be able to do the splits and a BHS! I'm working on splits, but still about 6 inches off the floor on my good side. I agree about other sports, none of them interest me like gymnastics, I think it is because of the huge variety of skills you can learn so it never gets boring, and also the way it is graceful like dancing (and you don't have to hit a ball with anything!) Let us know how you get on!

Thank you for the warm welcome! I look forward to being a part of this forum and getting motivated!!!

For the record, I'm not sure I can do a handstand right now either :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back