WAG Flight series requirement level 8?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

If has been this long, then something else needs to be figured out. there is a girl on our team that refuses to go backwards. She does a backward roll. But then it is an aerial/RO series and a front full dismount. Front walk-overs and front handsprings work as well. Optionals is about having flexibility in skills, I wish coaches would be more flexible sometimes!

Agree with @my4buffaloes – don’t let this fester much longer. Coach needs to help her find a solution. How are her other events? There may be something she can do in L9 that she might find easier.
She is pretty solid on floor. Bars are okay and starting to flip vault. Talked a little with her coach last night. Daughter ended up crying all day yesterday so took a mental day and skipped practice yesterday. My DD asked to work Aerials (Don't know their answer) and coach wants her to work front handsprings. Will see how things go. Thanks for all the kind words, feedback and ideas.

She is pretty solid on floor. Bars are okay and starting to flip vault. Talked a little with her coach last night. Daughter ended up crying all day yesterday so took a mental day and skipped practice yesterday. My DD asked to work Aerials (Don't know their answer) and coach wants her to work front handsprings. Will see how things go. Thanks for all the kind words, feedback and ideas.
Good luck! Keep us posted....our collective heads can probably come up with ideas. Hopefully coach will work with her. Does she do a single BHS okay?

With a fear like that, I would consider a sports psychologist. She needs help to learn to manage fear so it dies not paralyze her.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back