MAG Front giants

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
D seems to have developed a slight block on these. He *can* cast to handstand, but doesn't when he is supposed to be doing a giant out of it. He does them very well in strap, but even over the pit seems tentative. He can do them fairly well with the coach, needing very little spot. He is frustrated because he says he isn't scared, but he seems to be scared. Tips? Normal? He really wants to do them, btu seems scared at the same time.

It sounds like he's trying to hit the handstand and pause to collect himself, well, more like move slowly through the handstand. It's just a part of growing up gymnastics style.

That is what I figured. It has been frustrating for him, but that sounds like him. His coach is great so I am sure he will get through this. He tends to go through something like this for every new "scarier" skill. Gonna be a long road. LOL!

DS has explained that giants WITHOUT straps are totally different than with them. He says there is zero worry of flying off by accident... Plus there is a pretty substationl wrist shift that goes on too which is a bit different....
He will get them with practice, and coach spots will ease the nerves..

Thanks. I know the front giants are really different (undergrip, etc). he was just so close 2 weeks ago, and seems to have moved the other way. LOL! Seems like there is always something to keep them challenged, eh?

And then I am sure it will be some other skill stumping him. Lol

Sent from my SPH-M950 using ChalkBucket mobile app

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back