WAG gienger and/or jaegars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

K

Katieeb:)

i am starting to learn giengers and/or jeagars and was wondering if anyone knows any good drills that i could do?:)

they are but at our club no one has ever done releases before only the boys who do tkachev's so my coach told me to try and find some drills! so any help and drill would be helpful

I imagine your coach has access to higher level coaches in the area. These are not skills to be learned with an inexperienced coach. They take a long time to build to and perfect. Maybe time to look at other gyms?

I agree with bogwoppit. This is definitely a no go area for a coach without experience on these skills. My coach didn't know how to teach jaegers, started teaching them to me wrong. After a while I realised and moved gyms-best move ever(after I got over the sad part of leaving)
My form had to be corrected from the basics, and progression is much easier now.
I recommend that If you can that you move to another gym, or stick to tkatchevs if boys in your gym can do it-drills are similar.
Good luck

Also- drills for jaegers include:
1.tap swings to arch at back of swing-make sure these are good and have an arch in the shoulders, and not so much the back.
2.front away in a layout position from tap swings-make sure you lead with your feet and let go once you hit the shoulder flexed position you practiced in 1.
3. Stretch your shoulders- you need this
4. Front swing from handstand into the position described in 1.
5. Front swing to position, let go, and somersault to stomach- once you are comfortable try getting closer to the bar(beware-you must hit the position before you let go, it is crucial to a well fighters, well caught, consistent and safe jaeger)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back