Good luck fairies needed for her final L2 meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
At least Im assuming its her last L2 meet. (i assume she is moving up to L3..lol). But you know what they say assuming makes out of u and me..lol.
She has her final meet this sunday morning. We are both so excited about it. Its only about 2 hrs away, but with the early meet time we will be staying the night in the town of the meet. This is the first time we have stayed the night in a hotel for a meet. We will head up there tomorrow around noonish..stop in Little Rock to do a little shopping for Bubba's birthday, and try and find a baithing suit that isnt too big around the legs. If not she will have to wear her baithing suit from last year that is now too big for her. She is excited to get to go swimming tomorrow. (i think that she is more excited about that than the meet right now..lol). She is sad that this is her last meet of the season. (she is a little attention hound..lol). But excited that she gets to start training L3 routines. Here i go assuming again..lol. But since they have already been working on her with the mill circle and such that they plan on moving her up. If not..thats okay too. Anywho..this is a bitter sweet meet. Its the end of the begining persay. Only up from here I know that. Am i crazy to be sappy about her first comp season coming to an end?..lol. Its just going to be us girls this meet. No boys..the guys are staying home and do man things. Id love to be a fly on the wall for that one..lol.
Im so excited to get to spend some quality time with Kadee. Its so rare that the two of us get to do anything together just the two of us anymore. I miss those days. Im not sure who is more excited about this "trip" her or I. I miss my baby girl...my Kadee Beans. After we clear LR we will get to the hotel..if time permits we will do a little swiming then, head over to Panera Bread for dinner. We LOVE Panera Bread and sadly we dont have on here. Maybe hit the pool a little more after dinner. Then head to the room and relax and get to bed early. Get up early, head down for the free breakfast buffet..then back up to the room to get ready and sparkled up..and head to the meet.
Okay im done rambling. Just wish her luck. Shes just an L2 so she doesnt need any qualifying AA score to make it to states or anything. She good luck that she is able to go out there and do the best she can.

Gotta love these times, staying in hotels and spending that special time with your gimmie....and yes, every season's end is a bit sad...the whole gymnastics withdrawal symptoms because another season is over with...but all too soon it will be time to "gear up" and get ready for another level, more expectations and more anxiety. Oh, and I kinda laughed out loud regarding the Panera thingy....you and Panera, me and Tim Horton's....Good Luck to you DD tomorrow...enjoy the meet knowing good luck fairies are being sent your way.

Thank you everyone. We made it here a couple hours ago. As soon as we got up to the room she throws on her baithing suit (her old one..couldnt find one that fit any better) and keeps nagging until I relent and we went down to the pool for about an hour. All I can say is "Wow, the chlorine is soooo strong in that pool". The high school where the meet is being held is only about 1/2 mile away on the same road the hotel is. So thats nice. Anyway, thank you all again for the well wishes. And we are having a great time. Im loving having some alone time with my baby girl.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back