WAG Got my Worlds 2015 tickets - did you?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Oh yes - just a small group of 26 of us going to the women's all-round final.

Will try to stop by to say hi. Closer to the time we can share seat numbers and we can walk past yelling each others CB name.

We are doing WAG AA finals, WAG team Final and both apparatus finals and closing ceremonies.

We are going :) Got tickets to the WAG team final.

Wanted to do apparatus finals too, but can't really afford to hang around in Glasgow for the two days in-between. DD happy to see the team final as (assuming GB make the final) we should get to see everyone at least.

Pain in the bum on-line though. I was told I was in a queue at 10.15 with 6 minutes to wait- counted down to 5th in the queue and less than a minute to wait and then waited 10 minutes until they said the 'store' was busy and be patient. Half an hour later I gave up being patient and logged in again - got straight in but tickets are up at the back. Annoying. But hey, we'll be there!

I phoned, it took minutes to get through. We did manage to get awesome seats, but I knew what I wanted and the lovely Scottish agent was open for discussion. She tried to offer me far right seats, but we soon got that worked out.

As I was booking 28 tickets for 4 different finals, there was no way I could do that online.

I did try online at the same time, but that was probably the clunkiest online experience ever.

Yes it was a bit frustrating not being able to pick your seats online. That said we booked our first batch of 10 online then called for the next lot and they were able to seat us all together so that's the main thing.

Yes it was a bit frustrating not being able to pick your seats online. That said we booked our first batch of 10 online then called for the next lot and they were able to seat us all together so that's the main thing.

I imagine with a big group the online system would be awful. Just no way would it have worked for us, we would have got crap seats.

We are so spoiled by our ticket services in the US that I was surprised at how long it took to get thru the online queue! I logged on at 10:00 (5am here!) and was 135th in line with 6 minutes wait, WHAAAAAT????? So I opened a 2nd window and was 315th. Waited patiently while it counted down till I was FIRST in line, and then waited there forever...... gave up after 20 mins (a very sweet message saying that the store was overcrowded, lol) luckily by that time, a friend was able to get our tickets by phone!

We are so spoiled by our ticket services in the US that I was surprised at how long it took to get thru the online queue! I logged on at 10:00 (5am here!) and was 135th in line with 6 minutes wait, WHAAAAAT????? So I opened a 2nd window and was 315th. Waited patiently while it counted down till I was FIRST in line, and then waited there forever...... gave up after 20 mins (a very sweet message saying that the store was overcrowded, lol) luckily by that time, a friend was able to get our tickets by phone!
Wow I can say I don't think I've experienced that-oh wait cyber Monday after Thanksgiving one of the sites was slow. Glad your friend got through. Wish I could go but I'm counting on living vicariously through my cb friends posts lol.

What block are you guys sat in? I'm in 225 wanted closer seats but couldn't get any, oh well when it was in London in 2009 I had seats right at the top and still had a good view of everything!! Can't these 17 months come quicker......

206, 228, 229, 230. We pretty much got what we wanted.

I think when you buy a pass you sit in the same seats every time, and that limits you a little. With individual tickets f you got on early you had more choice. Though the phone lady did say the blocks we really wanted, 207-209, were all gone. Considering that was at 10.02am I took that to mean they have allocated those tickets to big wigs who know nothing about gym. That happens at all events like this, it is also why you see tons of prime empty seats at huge meets.

If those seats are empty after the comp start you can slide right in to them usually. Keep your eyes peeled.

225 is not bad, at least you are not in the tier above that.

Last edited:
:(:(:( You all got better seats than us. We are 327.

Couldn't afford the pretty pink seats and could have got closer but not in the area we wanted.

Still happy. Still going. Lots of people wont be. Hanging on to that!

We are going so far, and have been planning and saving for six months already. We even have a place to stay booked. For us this is a HUGE commitment as we are flying in from all over. We all knew up front that tickets would be $$$, so we saved and planned to spend up to $500 per person. It ended up being $400 for the great seats in the four WAG four finals.

This is really a trip of a lifetime for our group.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back