Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Gymnastics Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elitegymnast

Hey has any gymnast not seen stick it, Nadia the Movie, Reach for the sky (I think that is what it is called) please comment if you know any other gymnastics movies Thank You in advance :)

Aussie_coach

Moderator/Coach
Staff member
Verified Coach
Coach
Proud Relative
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Former Gymnast
Judge
Club Owner
Fan
Jan 4, 2008
Country
Australia
There is also "Little girls in pretty boxes" and "the perfect body"

gymnastmom38

Proud Parent
Feb 1, 2010
Region 4
Country
USA
This is WAYYYY dating myself but there was American Anthem. This was back in about 1985 and had two olympic athletes in it (Mitch Gaylord and Julianne Macnamara, I believe). My sister and I couldn't get enough of this movie when we were in gymnastics.

Reactions: 2 people

MdGymMom01

Mar 5, 2008
North America
This is WAYYYY dating myself but there was American Anthem. This was back in about 1985 and had two olympic athletes in it (Mitch Gaylord and Julianne Macnamara, I believe). My sister and I couldn't get enough of this movie when we were in gymnastics.
I am dating myself as well but loved that movie!!! It was Janet Jones who starred with Mitch Gaylord. Janet also was in A Chorus Line with Michael Douglas--another great movie but for the dance crowd ;).

Another good mens' gymnastics movie is The Peaceful Warrior. Anyone remember Gymkata with Kurt Thomas????

ARKGYMMOM

Proud Parent
Jun 3, 2011
USA
Country
USA
Not really a gymnastics Movie but my DD loves footloose beacuse they actually even mention Gymnastics....lol

Reactions: 1 person

dunno

Verified Coach
Verified Coach
Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Club Owner
Apr 28, 2009
I am dating myself as well but loved that movie!!! It was Janet Jones who starred with Mitch Gaylord. Janet also was in A Chorus Line with Michael Douglas--another great movie but for the dance crowd ;).

Another good mens' gymnastics movie is The Peaceful Warrior. Anyone remember Gymkata with Kurt Thomas????
i put gymkata up there for you to watch in its entirety.:)

Reactions: 1 person

gymnastmom38

Proud Parent
Feb 1, 2010
Region 4
Country
USA
That's right, it was Janet Jones. I remember my sister and I WISHING it was Julianne Macnamara! lol. We both thought that Mitch Gaylord was sooo cute. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.