Has anyone tried Shock Sox?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Kiwi

Coach
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Judge
Just wondering if anyone here has had any experience - good, bad or indifferent - with Shock Sox? Are they any good? Do they work? Are they just a gimmick? Do they cause any problems, such as slipping or bunching?

I bought a pair for my DD. She swore up and down she would wear them. She didn't. She didn't complain of any bunching or anything, and she says they seemed to help. I think she mostly just didn't feel like putting them on for floor and taking them off for beam, etc. Luckily the new gym is mich "squishier" than the old gym and she doesn't complain of heel pain anymore. Too bad you live on a different continent our you could have ours!

I have used shock sox since last June and I love them! have had a problem with bruising my feet and they helped quite a bit. I went through one pair in about 6 months so they seem to last a while too. The gel part seems to slip a little when I over rotate or punch off the springboard on vault, but overall they seem to stay put. I wear them on beam too and find them slippery on any beam but AAI. Usually I cover them with horse tape and that stopped all the slipping and sliding. My mom called when she was ordering and asked if they came in skin toned, which they don't, but the lady was nice enough to send some a roll of the horse wrap to try. Hope this helped!

Usually I cover them with horse tape and that stopped all the slipping and sliding. My mom called when she was ordering and asked if they came in skin toned, which they don't, but the lady was nice enough to send some a roll of the horse wrap to try.

Please can you tell me what is horse tape/wrap?

Horse wrap is a kind of bandage that sticks to itself and not the skin. Its slightly rough in texture, and is stretchy and allows normal movement, sort of like an ace bandage type thing. Here is a picture of it. I have seen it online (amazon and some vet sites) but I have also seen it at some pharmacies and walmart. I would walmart though as it can be pretty expensive. If you have a ranching supply store close to you they should carry it for fairly cheap. We have seen it anywhere from $0.70-$200 for approximately 5 yards (stretched).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back