Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Help

bestmomever

Proud Parent
Jan 18, 2020
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i was wondering if anyone knows how i can recieve help paying for my daughter to join gymnastics. If there are any scholarships or waivers i can find anything will help.

thanks

Popcorn

Proud Parent
Apr 26, 2014
Country
Canada
Ask about cleaning the gym to pay for tuition? That's been done a fair bit. Or doing office admin if you are computer-savvy?

How old is your daughter? Could she help out by getting a part-time job delivering newspapers?

bestmomever

Proud Parent
Jan 18, 2020
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Ask about cleaning the gym to pay for tuition? That's been done a fair bit. Or doing office admin if you are computer-savvy?

How old is your daughter? Could she help out by getting a part-time job delivering newspapers?
she is too young for any job thanks for your help

CoachJessica8704

Coach
Coach
Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Fan
Oct 30, 2019
Indianapolis IN
Country
USA
I would definitely talk to the gym owner of whichever gym you are thinking of. If they know there is a financial need, they may find ways for you as a parent to pay for your child’s classes/fees through working (administration/secretary work, or putting in time helping clean the gym- because that takes way more time than people realize- are two of the most common ways. I’m a coach at my daughter’s gym, and I know a few other rec teachers other have daughters who are on team and we exchange hours for tuition). Definitely talk to the gym owners

Reactions: AquaticSoul

Muddlethru

Proud Parent
Mar 16, 2011
Country
USA
To my knowledge, there are no scholarships or free money to do gymnastics at a private gym, particularly if just starting out. As stated above, some gyms allow some kind of barter-services in exchange for classes.