Hitting My Feet in Paks

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well, I've been working on paks for the past two months, and at first they went really well. They were high enough, decent form, and I actually started doing them by myself.

Unfortunately, two weeks ago I hit my toe on the low bar really hard. It was pretty bad, I bled all over the place, it made paks kind of awful for me. Anyways, I got past it, and I started going paks again.

However, since I hit my toe, I've been having a very hard time on paks. I've been pulling in a lot, which only makes me hit my feet on the HIGH bar now.

Even with the bars far apart, I still pull in and hit my feet. It's getting really annoying, and to be honest painful.

What can I do to fix this?

the bail must go down and be egg shaped from the beginning until the release. on the release, and after you have cleared the low bar and have swung to the top of the swing, you must peak at the low bar thru your eyebrows and then slightly open your arm angle so that the body makes a tight arch. then release the bar.

if you're hitting the low bar, the angle of swing is incorrect. if your then hitting your feet on the floor, you're doing it like a flyaway.

a Pak is a back toss like the boys. if you have a boys coach and p-bars, have the coach take you thru back tosses. it will help you understand what you need to do.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back