Parents How Many Leotards is Enough or Too Much?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

There is no too many from the thrift store at $2.99.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk

Our booster club does used leo sales from time to time where everyone brings in leos they've outgrown and buys from someone bigger than them. If you're the biggest girl in the gym, I guess you're stuck, but otherwise, there are usually plenty of $5-10 leos in good condition to be had. If your gym doesn't do something like this, maybe it's time to get it started.

Also have to cop to being a leotard "junkie". And now that I see these #s, I feel less guilty about buying a couple more (maybe today even!)

The problem now is having the emotional fortitude to get rid of a few old ones. Does anyone remember that video montage of "leos over the years" (or something like that), in which a gymnast had saved all of her leos (both competition and otherwise) and made an adorable little short film about the leotards and their significance to her competition years?

At DDs old gym, girls were rewarded for getting their kips by being allowed to go into the office leotard store and pick out a new, free leotard. DD wore it for a while and then I gave the "kip leotard" away to a younger gymnast. Once I saw this video I wanted it back! Sadly, it is long gone.

So save those special leotards!

My daughter made me save one special workout leo because it was one that she got some skill while wearing! Alas, I don't recall the skill but she would!! We've also saved the two competition leos (she is on the third style now)

As for how many she has....I think maybe 8 that she will wear....and two that are brand new but too itchy....never ordering from that company again!! She was the same size for about 2 years and only recently has had a bit of a growth spurt (1/2" but enough to need a new size due to length!!)

She would keep buying if I let her!! Birthday coming up....a leo or two will be in her future!!

I agree with an earlier poster.....we could be buying ice skates, dance shoes, 4 dance recital outfits, hockey gear, etc....the leos are cheap in comparison!!

Of course, now that I've said that, she's going to shoot up 5 inches and outgrow all of her leos over the summer! :p

Alex (12 year old) has literally gone from a child large to an adult small in the last 3 or 4 months! Luckily she has a few larger leos (couldn't resist the price on ebay!!) so she is good to go for a while!

DD only has 8 or 9 leos. She practices 5 days a week and I do laundry every day. I found this really cute leo on ebay that I wanted to buy for her. I showed her and her response was. But mom do I really need a new leo. We ended up not getting it. I was bummed.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back