WAG How much cost

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

i guess "homeschool gym" is a misnomer. its a gym that also provides a school.
our gym has about 30 girls who do their school online- at the gym- through a private institution.
the gym employs 3 teachers to facilitate it.

i guess "homeschool gym" is a misnomer. its a gym that also provides a school.
our gym has about 30 girls who do their school online- at the gym- through a private institution.
the gym employs 3 teachers to facilitate it.
Ohhhh ok so kinda like in the movie Stick It?
We have an ice rink around here that has a school inside it for a hockey team.
I didn't realize they had gyms like that too. Makes sense though since the girls who are 30+ hours a week go to "real" school for like 1/2 a day anyway.

Classrooms at our gym. $3000/yr curriculum and $300/month my share of teacher cost during school year only. Plus training costs of course which are higher as they train more hours.

If you look at World Champion Center, Simone's gym they have what they call " The Academy " an in house school lead by a teacher. It looks fun. They have posted pictures of measuring the volume of the pit and meeting a few celebrities that have done appearances with Simone.

The one my family has been looking into is about $800 a month. not sure if it's just the school or if it's school and gym.

gym school at our gym is $6000 for school only. Internet based curriculum, grades 3-9 with 2 in person proctors who are gym moms and were both former teachers. Gym cost depends on number of hours, which is determined by level (cost per hour decreases as hours increase). We are in the southeast.

I would love to hear more about what others do. I have heard in our area that it sounds similar to others in that they use an online curriculum and have "teachers" that help teach kids but our area pays way less, only $900/school year!

Wonder why more don't use an online public charter for their school gyms. They are in over 2/3 of states at this point. Would still need to hire a teacher or use parent volunteers but it would certainly be less expensive for the families.

Wonder why more don't use an online public charter for their school gyms. They are in over 2/3 of states at this point. Would still need to hire a teacher or use parent volunteers but it would certainly be less expensive for the families.

lottery system means not everyone could be guaranteed a spot.

plus, some of the paid schools offer more support and individualization. this reduces the work for the on-site teacher. as you can imagine, trying to stay on top of a few dozen kids spanning 6 or more school grades is difficult to do.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back