Parents Hugs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Do you notice your gymnast walks around the gym hugging everybody. I was wondering if it is just a gymnast thing cause my older daughter does not do this with other sports. Last night as we were trying to leave the gym a tumbling class is begining( it has a lot of my daughters former teammates in it). So after my daughter hugs about 5 girls we are getting ready to leave. Then she runs in and again hugs her coach. I think it is cute and funny. I do notice in olympic and big meets the coaches and gymasts hug a lot after their routines.

I know at my daughter's gym, they are expected to go and acknowledge their coaches (say hi and give a hug) when they arrive at gym and also when they leave. It seems to carry over to their teammates because my girl isn't usually "huggy" but she will hug her teammates. It's very cute.

Im not sure, because I see it a lot in girls soccer also and at school. It is like a new way to say hi or bye, like instead if waving I guess. I dont know exactly how to explain it.lol. At My gym everyone is like a huge family so there is a lot of hugging going around when everyone arrives. :) Hugs to your teammates,coaches,former teammates,boys teammates.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back