I coached a back hip circle!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Today was my 4th week coaching at the gym by my college, and I'm really really excited to say that one of my level 2s got her back hip circle by herself today!

Yes, I've been coaching for almost two years now, but today is the first time that I have felt like I had a direct effect on one particular skill. Like I've taught quite a few little ones the proper way to do a handstand and how to arm circle on a springboard, but this was like the last 4 weeks of bars paid off, and it was due to my coaching that she finally got her back hip circle. Does that make sense?

And then I posted on my facebook status about it and my old coach who I haven't talked to in a while commented and said "Remember when things like that made your life? I am so happy to have been apart of them. :)" It really brings me back. I idolized my coach quite a bit, and every time I sat down to day I found this little girl and another one fighting over who got to sit in my lap. I feel so growed up!

Congratulations! I still love those moments. And even those the skills change over time as you coach longer and longer, I think the feeling is still the same. I think sometimes I might get more excited than the kid! It just feels good to know that you must be doing something right and to be able to teach someone else the sport you love.
But it sounds like you're doing great and they are lucky to have such an awesome, dedicated, and caring coach. Way to go!

The coaches rewards for coaching:
1. She got a new skill
2. Kids are having a good time while learning
3. Someone says "Oh MY GOD!! look at that ...... " about one of your gymnasts :)
4. Only getting smacked in the head twice this week.

The coaches rewards for coaching:
1. She got a new skill
2. Kids are having a good time while learning
3. Someone says "Oh MY GOD!! look at that ...... " about one of your gymnasts :)
4. Only getting smacked in the head twice this week.

haha love it! Especially number 4! One of mine punched me in the nose last week! Really brought tears to my eyes but she'll remember not to punch her arms sideways for her tuck front now!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back