Kevan

Banned
Banned
Coach
Gymnast
Jul 29, 2018
Country
USA
I'm 15 and have been teaching myself gymnastics. And also my siblings when they want to. I just found this. Anyway.
I am self taught can do splits, front handspring, front walk over, and handstand for like 30 seconds. Oh, and a front flip on the grass.
So is it dangerous to learn like back handspring, and back flip? Those are my main goals. I have no spotter but I'm idually very cautious about what I try. I learned the front flip in a pile of hay.
Thanks.

Reactions: GymnastLecia2003
Did ChalkBucket help you?... help us too.

If you can't help financially... tell a friend about us!

Jard.the.gymnast

Coach
Former Gymnast
Gymnast
Apr 12, 2017
Country
Netherlands
Please be catious about what you land on the actual grass, your ankles, knees, hips and back will thank you for that later. Is there a gym near you where you could take classes? If not, I would at least invest in some mats or a matrass, so you can soften the landings a bit.

Good luck in your journey! Unfortunately members on here have to be aged 16 and older, so come back in a year!

bogwoppit

Former Admin
Gold Membership
Former Gymnast
Feb 26, 2007
Country
Canada
Hey, when you joined it asked how old you are. You said you were 16, that of course is a problem here. PLease come back in a year when you are 16.. Meanwhile stay safe, and no flipping without spotting.

Reactions: txgymfan
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for supporting our sponsors Energym Music & Norberts!