Welcome to our Gymnastics Discussion Community
554,231 messages... 44,365 topics... and 6,612 members
Join for FREE!
Thank you for supporting our sponsors Energym Music & Norberts & High 5 Meets!

I'm super excited! (caution: Bragging!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHSgymnast16

May 3, 2008
OHIO
Just yesterday I was working on bhs on the beam andfhs on the beam also. With the bhs I had trouble with getting my hands on the beam. Me being a 5'7 gymnast, my feet and hands are a bit larger than the other girl's on the team. BUT, on saturday, i got my hands on the beam several times. I'm really excited because if I can get the bhs repeatedly on the beam without trouble, I may be able to compete beam this year! That means I would be able to be a n all-around gymnast for my high school! Plus if I can get the fhs on the beam that makes me more of a player for a spot on the beam team. The state of Ohio also just allowed the skill of the double back on the floor. My coach said that if I work really hard and because I'm so "springy" that I might be able to do double backs too! So far it has been a great pre-season and I hope that it just gets better as it goes on!

bogwoppit

Former Admin
Gold Membership
Former Gymnast
Feb 26, 2007
Country
Canada
Good work, isn't it lovely when something just clicks.

F

flippymonkeysmom

Congrats - that really is awesome news. I give you a lot of credit for your perseverance. There are quite a few skills that are tougher if you are tall and you don't give up :D

Robindq

Dec 16, 2007
Ontario, Canada
congrats!!
that's awesome you're getting your BHS on beam!
i can totally relate, I'm slowly trying to get my BHS up to the high beam without a spot also:S

yay

Tumblequeensmom

Proud Parent
Feb 19, 2007
Congrats! THat's awesome. It's just not fair (I know, I know... who said life was fair?) that the little whipper snappers can just flip these skills no problem and the taller/older gymnasts have to work so much harder to do them!! I was just telling a friend that I know of a 5'8" gymnast who is in her freshman year of college on a gymnastics scholarship!

Keep up your hard work... you'll get it!~

-Lynn

M

msl529

Great news! And keep me posted on your progress, b/c I have a tall gymmie :D! She is 12 and already 5'3". If you double her 2 year old height, (which some DR's say is how you can pretty-well estimate their adult height), she will be a whopping 5' 11" !! So we are particularly fond of tall gymmies here in our house!

So you go girl! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.