Parents Injury..moving up a level?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ivhose

Proud Parent
Wondering how other gyms manage this situation: if the gymnast suffers a knee injury mid season in higher levels (7+) and she was on track to move up a level (competed well in the current level)...but is not able to complete state championships due to injury...can she move up to next level?

Does the gymnast have to compete state championship? Or is the move up left to the discretion of the coach with or without having the gymnast compete state? Or does the gymnast HAVE TO repeat a level to attain a mobility score at state?

My daughter has a knee injury and we aren't sure she will be healed in time for state..coach thinks she might... not sure. Even if she her knee is fully healed it will take her time to put out her best - she won't have the time since her expected recovery time is so close to state... just not sure if low scores and competing just to stay on track would be in her best interest or if she has to compete at all to move up?

Anyone have experience with this situation?

They do not have to compete at states to move up a level, as long as they achieved the minimum move up score during the season. Think of all the kids who are injured or get sick and miss their state meet. It is up to the coach.

This would be up to your coaches and gym policy. If she has already scored the mobility score for USAG for the level she is in, then technically she can move up. She doesn't have to compete at state meet. But all gyms have their own rules about move ups so it is best to ask her coaches.

THanks...She has scored really well and already doing skills for the next level...we are going to wait and see but it helps her recover not having to be concerned about preparing for state.

My dd did not compete all events at L8 states last year because of knee injury but moved up to L9 this year .. I'm sure this has happened to other gymnasts at your dds club so maybe she could ask her coaches

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back