July 1-4th Meet at Disney's Wide World of Sports

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I did pretty good, started a little rough on bars. I was missing a skill I didnt know was required so I started at a 9.2, then I fell on beam and started at a 9.5, Floor was great, and then on vault I was very excited I stood up my tuck tsuk. Now I am hoping to improve my tsuk for the meet in VA and also do better on Bars and Beam.

Vault 3rd place 8.65
Bars 5th place 8.25
Beam 5th place 8.075
Floor 1st place 9.575
AA 4th place 34.55

It was great to meet so many other ladies division gymnast at the meet also, I wonder how many will be in VA.

Wow... a stood up tsuk only got an 8.65??? I thought vault was scoring low!

I'll be in VA Beach! SO excited. Nationals was my first AAU meet and I can't wait to attend another one!

tsuks are my dream vault too!! i did a couple in the pit last month, just to see if i still could after 17 years. i was working on tsuks onto a mat, into the pit when i quit.
to me, tsuks are like double backs, i would have to do a million of them perfect into the pit on a taller, firm mat before i would ever consider the real vault or floor. these are two skills that everyone crunches their ankles on while learning them. not feeling it.

I loved doing tsuks... but I've destroyed my ankles twice doing them in meets- tearing my achilles tendon and sustaining a break in my heel at one meet and then breaking my ankle a year later. I guess I'm just not destined to o them anymore. I'll do them into the pit... But I'm prolly never going to take them farther than that.

Well I never competed tsuks when I was younger and always wanted to so I trained them into the foam pit for awhile, then added mats until I was standing them up all the time. Then my coach helped me with the hard landing and I got it by myself for the first time the week of the meet!!! I still do alot in the pit so I don't hurt my ankles, or anything else. I feel the pain for sure the day after doing them on the hard landing but I think I can atleast keep doing them a few more weeks for the VA meet :)

Well, then extra congrats on getting it! I didn't get my tsuk until I was competing on a college club team. It was a very exciting to get it after the gymnastics "peak."

I'm currently trying to get a half full, but from training tsuks for so long I can't get it to stop rotating to my back like when I used to do timers- lol.

Good job everyone. Wish I had known who everyone was while our little team from Myrtle Beach was there. Did you all compete in level 8 Ladies Division? Only one of us competed in that division. Ruth and i competed in the Modified Optionals. Our little team has a website if anyone ever wants to visit it (The Blonde Squad, Adult Gymnastics) so maybe you can pick out my teammates Ruth and Kendall at the AAU Junior Olympics in Virginia and say hello. Wish I could be there

Yes both Georgi and his wife, Sylvyia, go with us to the competitions. They don't ask to be paid anything except for their gas and accommodations.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back