Parents Junior Kip Bar is a HIT!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

Bella's Mom

Santa brought Bella a jr. kip bar this morning and she loves it! She is trying to do a penny drop but can't figure out how to land just on her feet.

So far she's done her pull over and mill circle and is attempting her front hip circle and a kip. She's not even close on the kip. :)

The best part? It's PINK!!!! OMG!!! How we love pink!!! We'd have been happy with doggie doo if it had been pink.

Happy holidays tumblers!

Santa brought Bella a jr. kip bar this morning and she loves it! She is trying to do a penny drop but can't figure out how to land just on her feet.

So far she's done her pull over and mill circle and is attempting her front hip circle and a kip. She's not even close on the kip. :)

The best part? It's PINK!!!! OMG!!! How we love pink!!! We'd have been happy with doggie doo if it had been pink.

Happy holidays tumblers!

Glad to hear Bella is so excited about her Christmas gift!!! But PLEASE be careful-- a pennydrop is now a BANNED move in gymnastics on bars because it is so dangerous if done incorrectly. Kids have broken their necks. I don't mean to be a downer, but please be careful.

I didn't even know it WAS a gymnastics move. I used to do them on the playground when I was a little girl.

A penny drop....we called them cherry drop when I was little....is when you hang by your knees and start swinging until you can flip your body so that you land on your feet.

Here is the move on bars:

YouTube - Penny drop

That looks scary the way she does it. Bella doesn't get anywhere near that speed. She starts with a dead hang and then swings two or three times before flipping her feet. She usually lands on her feet and hands although sometimes she goofs arounds and lands on her belly. She has a big squishy mat underneath the bar so she likes just to drop onto it.

That skill is banned??? Lol I didn't even think it was a real skill..

So glad we don't have a bar. I'm nervous just watching her at the playground. I was flipping out because she was sliding down a fireman's pole the other day.

So glad we don't have a bar. I'm nervous just watching her at the playground. I was flipping out because she was sliding down a fireman's pole the other day.

LOL....at least with the bar she is being supervised and has matting to fall on. I've waked outside to find her on the very tip top of her fort or trying to walk across her swing set like it was a balance beam. THAT is what makes me nervous. The bar is ony four feet off the ground compared to the ten feet up she is when she is playing outside.

I'm just a nervous mom about everything. Gym is probably the wrong sport for my child. She's 6 and the stairs still make me nervous. Yes I'm a weirdo.

Bella's mom- My 5 year old dd loves her bar too. We got it for her when she was 3 because she was doing pullovers on anything she could get her hands on so we though a little bar and some thick matting in our house would be safer. We have very strict rules about the bar and she follows them. It's funny because everytime we get home she runs directly to her bar and you can tell it is something that she looks forward to every day. Her recent challenge for herself was to get as many mill circles in a row without stopping. She has a blast. It is only for fun and I have no expectation of her learning any new skills in our house. Some kids love tv but she can't stand to sit so a bar is her entertainment.

I'm just a nervous mom about everything. Gym is probably the wrong sport for my child. She's 6 and the stairs still make me nervous. Yes I'm a weirdo.

I always joke around with the other gym moms saying that Bella isn't allowed to take gym past L6 because the L7 skills make me so nervous! Anything upside down on the beam gets my heart beating. Even that handstand dismount where they twist to the "other" side! LOL

We have a L9 at our gym that is currently working on her BHS back tuck on the beam. I also know her personally and there have been times where I find mysef literally shaking because I'm worried she's going to crack her skull. There are days that I can't bear to watch her.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back