WAG Knees

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jard.the.gymnast

Coach
Gymnast
So, i am very flexible in nature, my knees too. When i think they are straight, they are bent, but the other way as other people, so my foot is above my knee instead of under. Is this a deduction in FIG rules?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1494327894.298816.jpg
    ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1494327894.298816.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 96
No deduction - most coaches wish their gymnast's had knees like this as it makes for much prettier lines. Just be careful as you don't want to damage your ligaments.

You are very hypermobile - which is a good thing for gymnastics but can make you more prone to serious ligament injuries so be careful to avoid hyper-extending them.

I am decades older than you and my knees are like this. I never gave it a second thought until I had an accident a few years ago and ruptured all 4 major ligaments in one knee.

You are very hypermobile - which is a good thing for gymnastics but can make you more prone to serious ligament injuries so be careful to avoid hyper-extending them.

I am decades older than you and my knees are like this. I never gave it a second thought until I had an accident a few years ago and ruptured all 4 major ligaments in one knee.
yikes! that sounds painful.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back