Leg Conditioning

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnast55

Hi!Can anyone give me some ideas/moves i can do for Leg Conditioning?I'm working on my back walkover and i just can't kick over!If you have any tips,can you tell me?

thnxs so much!

~Gymnast55 :)

Leg lifts on the stall bars. Lie on the ground back on your elbows do single leg kicks with one bent leg. Single leg squats on beam and floor.

Not sure what kind of leg conditioning you wanted, but those should help with the leg pull over of the BWO.

You can also do kickovers with your feet on a high surface, or have someone spot you doing a BWO onto a higher surface.

Hope this helps! :D

Here's some conditioning that helps your hip flexors, which is what lifts your leg in a bwo and helps you kick over. :) Do sets of 10 slow forward kicks (more of a lift than a kick) in place, kicking/lifting as high as you can. You might want to put a hand on a desk or something to keep your balance. After #10, hold your leg at horizontal for as long as you can (try to get 10 seconds). Repeat on the other leg. Sit on the floor in a pike and lift 1 leg off the ground quickly 10 times. Then do the other leg, then do the same thing on both legs in a medium sized straddle sit. Stretching your splits will also help with backwalkovers. Hope this helps!

Ya all of those are good ideas! and just keep doing them and dont give up and they will come eventually. but good luck :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back