Gymnasts xcel bronze or silver

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

nainai

Gymnast
I'm a 15-year-old gymnast who started at 13. I have been gym hopping for a while and are very inconsistent. i was wondering if I was a bronze or silver.

bars:
front hip circle without bringing hips back to the bar :(
cast
tap swings
squat on(barely)
glide swing
sadly I have no mounts except a jump up onto the bar

vault:
roundoff over mat stack

Beam:
cartwheel
handstand
all jumps
half turn
full turn
front walkover on the floor beam
side handstand dismount

floor:
front handspring
front walkover
cartwheel
roundoff
handstand bridge
front limber
handstand roll
handstand
dive roll
all jumps
full turn
half turn

my bars are really bad so any conditioning skills for floor beam vault and bars would help as I am trying to get better and improve my shape.

If you were to start competing right now, you would be a bronze at our gym but, it looks like you very close to silver level. You have silver vault, you need a pullover on bars, you have all of the beam requirements, and you would need to work on leaps and connected acro on floor (such a RO-BHS, RO-Backwards roll, HS forward roll-cartwheel, etc) Maybe look into joining an xcel team over the summer so you can work with girls at your skill level and get some good conditioning in!

I'm a 15-year-old gymnast who started at 13. I have been gym hopping for a while and are very inconsistent. i was wondering if I was a bronze or silver.

bars:
front hip circle without bringing hips back to the bar :(
cast
tap swings
squat on(barely)
glide swing
sadly I have no mounts except a jump up onto the bar

vault:
roundoff over mat stack

Beam:
cartwheel
handstand
all jumps
half turn
full turn
front walkover on the floor beam
side handstand dismount

floor:
front handspring
front walkover
cartwheel
roundoff
handstand bridge
front limber
handstand roll
handstand
dive roll
all jumps
full turn
half turn

my bars are really bad so any conditioning skills for floor beam vault and bars would help as I am trying to get better and improve my shape.
"sadly I have no mounts except a jump up onto the bar" ... this is called a jump to front support. Last I knew, this is an acceptable mount for Xcel Bronze, but you would need a 360º circling skill - have you tried a back hip circle?

"sadly I have no mounts except a jump up onto the bar" ... this is called a jump to front support. Last I knew, this is an acceptable mount for Xcel Bronze, but you would need a 360º circling skill - have you tried a back hip circle?
yes with a spot haven't got it yet though, pullovers are hard for me because I don't have enough power to kick over

Are you able to start training consistently at one gym? I think you will make progress pretty quickly if you can commit to one place for a long time.

This would be bronze at my daughter's gym because you lack some skills that they require for silver (RO BHS and a consistent squat-on), even though you have some skills that they don't need until gold (like cartwheel on beam).

I know alot of gyms require silvers to have a RO BHS but you can do RO backwards rolls to fulfill the macro flight requirement or do a front handspring with a handstand forward roll+cartwheel or some other acro series.

You would be a bronze at my gym because of the lack of pullover and back hip circle. Your beam skills are better than the majority of silvers at my gym and none of the silvers at my gym compete front handsprings, so I say you just need to work on your bars and connect a round off straight arm backwards roll (or do a RBHS) for floor.

All this to say, I think if you take some time to practice at one gym you will very soon be able to compete silver. Cheering you on!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back