Level 8 Bar Routine Comparisons

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey Chalkbucket!

I'm competing level 8 for the second time this season, and so far everything is going well... except my bar routine... Despite my extra year of practice, my bar routine has gotten only slightly better. But one thing that is still a problem for me is my clear hip to handstand.

Every once in a blue moon, I can do a pretty nice clear hip to handstand with no spot. However, on every other day my clear hip is either extremely archy or to horizontal. Because of this inconsistency, my coach has be making me "climb through" the bar routine: kip, straddle cast handstand, pirouette, kip, cast around horizontal, clear hip around horizontal, kip, tuck on, kip, straddle cast handstand, giant, giant, layout flyaway.

Although I really don't like that I am doing this routine (I did the clearhip on the high bar last year) it is a lot easier for me to hold my feet and complete the routine. I still have a little bit of time to choose which routine to go with, so here's my question:

Should I do a level 8 bar routine with the clear hip on the low bar or on the high bar?

If it's on the low bar, it's bound to be clean, but horizontal. The cast before it is bound to be horizontal as well. If it's on the high bar, it's more likely to be a "B" clear hip, but probably not very clean with a large arch and might go over the wrong way.

So technically speaking, should I go with the clearhip being low and clean, but guaranteed, or should I throw it on the high bar knowing that if I make it at all it would be next to a miracle?

I might be able to find a video of my bar routine last year, and one of me in level 7 with my clear hip on the low bar, if that could help at all.

Thanks!
Lauren

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back