Little Brag

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Iwannabemargo

Numpty Watcher
Proud Parent
Pink and Fluffy made it onto the County level 5 team at trials yesterday and we are going to Saphire. Very pround of my little munchkin :)

Sent from my CnM Touchpad 9.7 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Yay! Good for her :clap:

What's Sapphire? Is that a club? Will she have training sessions there?

As far as I'm aware we don't have anything like that in our region. The only regional teams are the grades and levels one.

Back in my day they used to hold trials for county and regional squads and it used to be really good fun going to other clubs for training days. Nothing like that here so none of the clubs know each other or work together which I think is sad.

Well done to your dd. My dd had county squad testing in february and is now on the county squad. They usually go and train together every 2 months. She loves going to train at another club with all the other gymnasts. Is she going to sapphire for the team competition in september?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Sapphire is a gymnastics club in the uk. It has some really good gymnasts like Gabby Jupp

They hold an invitational Competition in September that the County enters. No we will not be atending the club (I wish ) just representing the County at the comp. But a big step for little girlie who is over the moon.

Sent from my CnM Touchpad 9.7 using ChalkBucket mobile app

My dd wont be attending the competition as her county squad are not entering. Good luck to Pink and Fluffy :)

Yay! Good for her :clap:

What's Sapphire? Is that a club? Will she have training sessions there?

As far as I'm aware we don't have anything like that in our region. The only regional teams are the grades and levels one.

Back in my day they used to hold trials for county and regional squads and it used to be really good fun going to other clubs for training days. Nothing like that here so none of the clubs know each other or work together which I think is sad.

Sapphire is in Hemelhempstead so very central for clubs to get to from London, the south and midlands. It is a really friendly meet.

What a shame your region doesn't have a squad. I thought every region had to have a squad director and squad but I could be wrong. maybe that is a new thing that is coming in. Flossyduck might know better as she works for BG.

Have you ever been to sapphire before? im guessing not as shes only level 5 but i could be wrong!:p anyway if you havent it is such a fun comp i have been every year! they give out little packs to the teams they change each year i think but last year they had things like party poppers and whistles in, it makes such a good atmosphere and its a change from the normal competition!

We have our trials on tuesday, i hoping to get in the team but i have only just started training properly again since i dislocated my elbow but even if i don't make the team i am defiantly going to go and watch because its such an amazing comp!:D

No first time for us ( and I think the county), we shall be going up to cheer her on, luckily I have friends in the area so hopefully accommodation is sorted ;), the only things that worries me is the fact they all travel up and stay as a team - no mummies allowed on the bus or in the hotel :( It will be the first time she has been away from family.

I don't have anything to do with the competitions side, but as far as I know BG only really deals with national development plan pathways competitions at regional and national level. Any county and regional comps outside of that are dealt with by the regional committees.

I don't think our region has a regional squad. Never heard of one and there's nothing on the website about one. I'm not sure there are county squads in our region either, although I know there are in neighboring counties as I have friends with daughters who compete for county and one who competes for the neighboring region. Where we live, several regions meet and clubs in the same county are competing in different regions. It's all a bit messy and confusing!

Anyhow, it's a fantastic step for a gymmie to move up to county level or regional level and feel part of that squad. Wow, I'd feel super proud! Good luck to all girls trialing and competing :)

Oooooh, Pink and Fluffy will be looking admiringly at you then ;), I might not be there that day - I could be down the pub with friends :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back