WAG MG Elite Podium Training Leo

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

That one just blew my mind. They can't show bra straps, but multiple inches of underwear is okay?? Interestingly enough, the two juniors from MG Elite had on different leos today. Did anyone else notice that? Both were beautiful, but Olivia's was cut SO high. I do not understand.

I did. Ariel Posen's leo was a little better but her underwear was also visible by the end of her floor routine.

I really liked Levi's leo but also couldn't figure out how it stayed on, must be double sided tape or something. The part that bothered me was that her number was basically on her butt...

I showed my daughter that leo last night and asked what she thought. She said it's ok, but the back is "kind of low". I told her how there has been talk about some of the leotards being difficult to wear for the girls and she told me that some of the youtube gymnasts she watches (I think college level ones) have said they use tape instead of a bra. But she said one said that the tape was such a pain that she gave up and just doesn't wear anything. Unfortunately, I don't think that would be an option for my daughter as she already, at age 11, really can't get away with not wearing a bra and I am sure that they will not be getting any smaller. Fortunately for her, her gym chooses very traditional style leos. I think some of these leos people are talking about are pretty and very feminine, but just not appropriate for competition. It should be about the athletes comfort and safety, not about how pretty the leotard is.

I have to say I'm extremely uncomfortable with a lot of this thread.

I think it's valid to discuss the importance of athletes feeling comfortable in whatever they wear, especially if they're being given something to wear rather than choosing it themselves (though I also agree that that's a very different discussion from "As far as we know X loves her leo/designed it/chose it herself but it doesn't conform to my personal standards of modesty").

I really want to urge, though, that we be a lot more thoughtful when saying specific things about specific athletes, and especially linking to photos or videos. I understand the urge to illustrate an argument by citing a particular example, but I REALLY don't think it's appropriate or respectful to be pointing out "here's a link to an example where you can see [X's specific body part/undergarment]," ESPECIALLY when we're talking about minors.

I can't believe USAG posted that. She's only 18. If she had been a minor, couldn't they have faced consequences for that? I thought the rules were really strict.

@Omelianchik I understand your point. We don’t have the ability to delete the posts with pictures but a moderator can do that. I don’t think anyone would mind if they deleted the pictures.

Just wanted to say how much I appreciate this response. I know I often catch myself in knee-jerk defensiveness if I feel like I'm being criticized in any way (which was truly not my intention with my post!) so I really appreciate you being willing to consider another POV. Thank you for being so gracious :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back