WAG MG Elite Podium Training Leo

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The top front of the leotard appears to be mesh with no liner, so when the top dropped at the end, I absolutely think she pulled it up to keep from exposing herself.

Most sports design uniforms for performance. These mesh, cutout leotards are clearly not designed with the athlete’s ability to move as a top priority. It frustrates me that the athlete’s ability to perform is not what matters most, and it disturbs me that the athlete’s comfort is an afterthought.

Well there was a photo posted on the USAG facebook site that was of this shot.. and her entire front of her boobs showed.. i happened to see it right when it was posted and told them to take it down.. It took them about 10 minutes before they saw it and removed it.. by then that one photo had already been shared. Both breast and nips were showing through the mesh. i have a screenshot of it and showed my daughter and she was mortified.

Well there was a photo posted on the USAG facebook site that was of this shot.. and her entire front of her boobs showed.. i happened to see it right when it was posted and told them to take it down.. It took them about 10 minutes before they saw it and removed it.. by then that one photo had already been shared. Both breast and nips were showing through the mesh. i have a screenshot of it and showed my daughter and she was mortified.

This.

This post was never about “policing women’s bodies” but about safety concerns and the very real potential of accidental exposure. With the constant tugging and pulling she was doing yesterday, it was very clear that at the very least it was not comfortable to train in. And now apparently an image of her body that I’m sure she did not want to expose has now been shared on the internet. Rules about leotards should exist to prevent this from happening.

I look at the leotard trends today and think about myself as a teenage level 9 or 10... I had boobs, and would not have been comfortable in a leotard I couldn't wear a decent bra with. I also would not have felt remotely comfortable saying anything about it, especially if my teammates seemed to like them (even if they had private thoughts otherwise).
I totally agree. I was more developed than my teammates and would have been mortified to have to say that the leotard everyone else wanted to get would be hard for me because I couldn't wear a bra under it. Riley seems to be extremely comfortable with her body which is wonderful for her, but a gymnast who isn't the star and might have a harder time wearing some of the MG Elite leotard choices and not feel comfortable speaking up. I know this gym gets a lot of attention for their leotard choices, but surely there are ways of making unique, beautiful designs that don't just involved progressively more exposed backs.

These may be even worse...

Attachments

• IMG_20190808_225849.jpg
    IMG_20190808_225849.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 338
I was on a facebook page and they were posting their leos for next year and they kept talking about this leo or that leo is good until the "new rules" take effect. I had to chime in---be careful its not a new rule they plan on enforcing the existing rule--so good luck. All seemed to think thier coaches or the leo companies wouldnt give them something against the rules. Its going to be up to judges to start enforcing the rules and I just feel really bad for any kid who gets caught in the line of fire on this issue because its not thier fault.

Eeeekkk! Their leo today is a beautiful color but is so high cut you could see basically the entire under garment, which was a much lighter color then the leo.

whhhhhhyyyyy?? This isn't a case of some random gym ordering GK leos for their team based on the sizer and a few of them come in weirdly cut. You KNOW these were custom made. WHY in the world are they cut like that? Sorry, it's tacky and is so distracting and not necessary. Last time I checked, these ATHLETES are able to perform their skills without their undergarments showing. :mad:

There was a comment on line that Levi Jung Revivar (?sp) had a “worse Leo than MG Elite” today .... I can’t find a picture to compare...

There was a comment on line that Levi Jung Revivar (?sp) had a “worse Leo than MG Elite” today .... I can’t find a picture to compare...

I actually found a picture ... color choice is odd but I think the feature referenced is that is is completely backless ... how one keeps that on is a mystery to me but I didn’t see it budge on her. ... didn’t see any of the Riley rearranging that was noticed on the MGElite Leo

I actually found a picture ... color choice is odd but I think the feature referenced is that is is completely backless ... how one keeps that on is a mystery to me but I didn’t see it budge on her. ... didn’t see any of the Riley rearranging that was noticed on the MGElite Leo
Here is a video

I don't like the color and I don't like the backless feature, but other than that, I DO like this leo. And even with that backless feature, it looks much more decent than most of MG Elite leos.

Well this one takes the cake. It’s cut so high you can see the top of her underwear when she salutes. MG Elite’s junior leo.
That one just blew my mind. They can't show bra straps, but multiple inches of underwear is okay?? Interestingly enough, the two juniors from MG Elite had on different leos today. Did anyone else notice that? Both were beautiful, but Olivia's was cut SO high. I do not understand.

Well this one takes the cake. It’s cut so high you can see the top of her underwear when she salutes. MG Elite’s junior leo.
That one just blew my mind. They can't show bra straps, but multiple inches of underwear is okay?? Interestingly enough, the two juniors from MG Elite had on different leos today. Did anyone else notice that? Both were beautiful, but Olivia's was cut SO high. I do not understand.

Yes, that’s the one I posted about earlier. I did notice they wore different leos and part of me was hoping Ariel refused to wear that high cut monstrosity!

Yes, that’s the one I posted about earlier. I did notice they wore different leos and part of me was hoping Ariel refused to wear that high cut monstrosity!
One of the teams we compete against, had a leotard not even nearly that high cut, but on one particular gymnast, it looked higher cut ... the bottom of the leotard was black, and her underwear were black. It probably wouldn't have been noticeable IF the top of the underwear hadn't been BELOW the top of the cut of the leg, so there was skin showing in between whenever she raised her arms. :(

Here is a video

I don't like the color and I don't like the backless feature, but other than that, I DO like this leo. And even with that backless feature, it looks much more decent than most of MG Elite leos.

This is in violation of the rule already in the code, so why is she allowed to wear it?

Reactions: sce
No, they can’t.

Attachments

• 0295B301-5B72-49D1-BDAE-9972B3BEFFC0.jpeg
    0295B301-5B72-49D1-BDAE-9972B3BEFFC0.jpeg
    606.6 KB · Views: 75

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back