most beam falls in a meet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

katy

Gymnast/Coach
Nov 18, 2007
Metro Detroit, Michigan
i was reading another post and saw that someone once had 4 falls on beam (i won't mention names)!
it is funny to read that because i just stopped by my original gym on thursday and one of the four remaining coaches that knows me (from 16 years ago) mentioned, didn't you fall seven times on beam. i had to remind her that it was buckeye classics, level 7 optional, and i only fell... five times! one really doesn't count because i was laughing so hard that i fell off and i wasn't even doing a skill. i also did the wrong dismount, a ro layout instead of a ro full. i landed my dismount, looked for my coach, and walked the other way thinking she was going to kill me, but we all just laughed.

Did ChalkBucket help you?... help us too.

If you can't help financially... tell a friend about us!

gymjourneymom

Proud Parent
Mar 9, 2008
Country
USA
:cheerful:You sound like my kinda girl Katy...sometimes ya just gotta laugh! No sense beating yourself up over one "troubled" event. Tomorrow is always a new day...and there's always another meet. Glad you & your coach were able to keep an upbeat perspective.

GikiGirl

Proud Parent
Gymnast
Feb 21, 2009
Region 6
Country
USA
Guilty LOL, but I have also fallen 2x on floor. Bars is something I do not fall on very often, but between beam and floor I have a lot of falls in past meets! I used to get SOOO nervous, but not so much anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for supporting our sponsors Energym Music & Norberts!