Parents My gymmie's experience in PE yesterday

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

suebee

Proud Parent
My dd 6 came home from school yesterday announcing that they did gymnastics in PE. I asked her what they did, and she said, "Well, first, the PE teacher took down the ropes. I never noticed that we have ropes in the gym at school before. There are 2 ropes with knots and 2 ropes without knots. I was the only kid in both classes who could climb the rope. No one else could even do the rope with knots. The ceiling at school is way higher than the ceiling in gym, so the rope is a lot longer. But I climbed the rope 10 times until the teacher told me to stop because she said I would hurt my hands. I showed her my hands and told her they didn't hurt because I'm a gymnast and my hands are tough from bars."

"The other kids all asked me what my secret was to climbing the rope. I told them there is no secret but that I practice rope climbing at gymnastics which is why I'm good at it. I told them that I couldn't do it the first time I tried either, so if they want to be able to do it, they should practice."

Not a bad lesson for a 6 year old to have learned, huh?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back