Parents NAIGC

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

wingate702

Proud Parent
Hi I’m really interested in learning more about the NAIGC for my high school gymnast. Any parents or gymnasts here that can tell me about the different college clubs for a level 8/9? How are they run, practice times, competitive seasons, etc. Interested in any part if the US. Thanks so much!!

Hi I’m really interested in learning more about the NAIGC for my high school gymnast. Any parents or gymnasts here that can tell me about the different college clubs for a level 8/9? How are they run, practice times, competitive seasons, etc. Interested in any part if the US. Thanks so much!!
It varies widely by the college ... a couple of the ones I am familiar with, the gymnasts practice at a local "club" gym (local to the college) and they MOSTLY coach themselves but there is a club coach around in case they need help. They can work around the students' college classes.
You can get info about the program @ https://naigc.org/
NAIGC has 143 Clubs in 38 states.

They’re really vary a LOT. Some would seem almost indistinguishable from JO/XCEL and some are basically very very low hours and self-coached. Costs also vary and go from zero cost to semester fees in the hundreds. My daughter is a club college gymnast.

Also the parent of an NAICG athlete. My daughter was practicing 4 days a week prior to the pandemic. The club has set practice times but students choose which days they attend. They were planning on around 5 meets plus nationals last season. She loves it and can't wait to get back to it. Her college won't be having any club sports in the fall.

DD17 is considering NAIGC if the school she ends up choosing has club gym. 3 of the 6 schools she is looking at have had club in the past. She has emailed one of them to see if they still offer it. Hoping that by Fall of 2021, club sports will be back in action. Not sure if her abilities would work on a team like that, but she is interested in finding out! She is Xcel Platinum.

DD17 is considering NAIGC if the school she ends up choosing has club gym. 3 of the 6 schools she is looking at have had club in the past. She has emailed one of them to see if they still offer it. Hoping that by Fall of 2021, club sports will be back in action. Not sure if her abilities would work on a team like that, but she is interested in finding out! She is Xcel Platinum.
Xcel Platinum could absolutely work on a NAIGC team. There are now 4 levels ... Developmental is the lowest ... and seems similar to Xcel Silver/Gold. She could probably do Level 7 without too much trouble (Vault doesn't use the vault stack). The other levels are Level 8 and Level 9.

One other thing to remember with naigc, at least in my daughter’s experience, most people don’t care at all about having a full start value. Some meets will be all one level and you can just compete that level even if you don’t have all the skills.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back