Need help on ROBHS and front hip!! SOON

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastica96

Well I can do my BHS if i focus really hard, but when i put the RO with it, it goes all out of whack. My coaches said I need to control my rebound more, but I guess im just scared and havent gotten the knack of it. And my front hip, well, Im close but Im opening up too much and Im not goin fast enough. ANyway my point is: is there any drills or conditioning i could do AT HOME to get these skills cuz I have a meet in a week from today??

Well I can do my BHS if i focus really hard, but when i put the RO with it, it goes all out of whack. My coaches said I need to control my rebound more, but I guess im just scared and havent gotten the knack of it. And my front hip, well, Im close but Im opening up too much and Im not goin fast enough. ANyway my point is: is there any drills or conditioning i could do AT HOME to get these skills cuz I have a meet in a week from today??

Advice is always hard without having seen a video. But do you do your Round off- BHs from a run? If so, try to just hurdle from a stand. That'll make it more controlled and also force you to focus on your technique on the round off (as you'll really have to generate power from it)

Work on having 2 standing back handsprings in a row. This way you are used to the connection. Make sure you work your round off to where you are snapping down with your feet slightly in front of you without piking. Let the first skill do the second skill for you. I.e. a good round off will rebound easily into a back handspring. If you start thinking about the back handspring early, chances are your form won't be quite right.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back