Parkette's Invitational - Schedule?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymJudgeMom

Proud Parent
Judge
Has anyone seen a schedule for the Parkette's Invitational yet? The deadline was Nov 15th (which was moved up even earlier) and the meet is in 2-1/2 weeks. But there's no schedule posted yet. Just checking to see if any of you that are attending or that go to that gym may have some insight. Thanks!

there is only schedule by days on their website, no times yet, I agree that it should have been out by now so that everyone would finalize their traveling plans

She has and they keep saying they will get back to her! lol I am preparing to go at 8am and if she doesnt compete til 1130 then we will just watch the other session. Orlando is only about 2 1/2 hours from me.

Looks like we won't be competing in Oralndo :( Just received this email.
"The Sand Dollar Invitaional has been cancelled for Prep Op girls
ONLY:
In GA we go by Region 8 rules and the State of Florida go by their own set
of rules. This was not stated on their entry form, even though they knew what
level we were entered as, they did not advise us that they would not be having
Prep Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum at their meet. They are giving our
families a FULL refund of their entry fee. You may use this money to go towards
a future meet."

That is crazy. Good thing you weren't having to travel by air. Sand Dollar is a great meet, but it's an expensive trip to be sure.

And I am beyond amazed that an established meet of 38 years - Parkette's - has still not posted the final schedule. And here we are 2 weeks out from the meet. Is this common practice in this area of the country to not post schedules until less than 2 weeks out? I can only hope this is no indication of what our actual meet experience is going to be....

I wouldn't say that it is common practice in this area, other big meets had sessions with times available weeks before the meet, like Christmas on the Chesapeake in Maryland, same for Starstruck in Atlantic City
I am actually pretty shocked myself that Parkettes haven't posted their schedule yet:confused:
even Manhattan Classic, which is another huge meet, has the sessions posted and they are scheduled the first week in February

Yes we have February meet final schedules already.
But no final schedule for Parkette's in 2 weeks!? The deadline for entries was November 15th.....

What is really funny (well, probably only to me) about this thread is that the big boys' meet that Parkettes is hosting next weekend had their schedule up a while ago, certainly well more than 2 weeks out! Maybe they need to get their men's team coordinator on it.

Parkettes is always like this...we've gone for 8 years and nothing's changed. If this helps any, the 10s have historically competed all the sessions on Saturday; 9s have been on Fridays ; 7s and 8s have been on the Sundays ...this could all change of course (except the 10s, they'll keep them there)

Parkettes is always like this...we've gone for 8 years and nothing's changed. If this helps any, the 10s have historically competed all the sessions on Saturday; 9s have been on Fridays ; 7s and 8s have been on the Sundays ...this could all change of course (except the 10s, they'll keep them there)

This has been on their website for a while, but would be very helpful at this point to know if my DD has an 8 am report time which would require a hotel stay the night before, or not!

Another parent called their gym to inquire about times, and their relatively unfriendly response was the final schedule comes out the week before. It's possible it might be out early next week, but no promises..... Seriously, this is not a Chicago Style set up with 4-5 gyms running multiple sessions of the same level on multiple days in multiple gyms. Hate to say it but first impressions of this meet so far are not positive.

Another parent called their gym to inquire about times, and their relatively unfriendly response was the final schedule comes out the week before. It's possible it might be out early next week, but no promises..... Seriously, this is not a Chicago Style set up with 4-5 gyms running multiple sessions of the same level on multiple days in multiple gyms. Hate to say it but first impressions of this meet so far are not positive.

Ah Parkettes...always the same response...and you're right, it's not Chicago and they've been doing it for yrs so get your act together and put out a schedule!

I hope you find out soon & have a good time. I have to say(actually think I posted in another thread) that our HC refuses to go to Parkette's meets anymore. The needless disorganization is just too stressful :(. We kept trying this meet for years in a row, thinking each disorganized year was just a fluke. Finally we decided to take our gym's money to better run meets. Sorry to hear it sounds like the "confusion" is continuing :(. Good luck!

Honestly I'd heard nothing but negatives about this meet from most people, with the exception of a few posters here at the CB. All of those comments were relayed to our coaches, but they refused to change the schedule. It will be a shame to incur such a large expense to travel to this one meet and have it be an overpriced, underscored, disorganized mess.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back