WAG Peeling on Bars....looking for old posts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

munchkin3

Proud Parent
I few months ago, someone posted some videos about peeling and especially why some good coaches stand IN to catch.... I have tried to search CB but nothing comes up....any help?
I want to show a friend who has no idea what could possibly go wrong with tap swings.....

Not sure why I just watched those - but I'm very glad it was after my DD was Level 4 and Level 5...

I needed to remind a friend what bars is about for the girls.....I reminded her of the danger in bars particularly and what can happen. The girls have a lot to deal with while on this apparatus.......it's not like, just get up there and do what the coach is saying and get a 9.5!
Optional gymnastics really puts a different spin on it for me.....I am much more scared now. I just want munch to be safe and not fall or get injured.........
I mean I want her to rock it, but I want her to be safe MORE.

dd peeled on bars Friday. She hit the mat with a flat back. She hit so hard that the seam of her leo left a bruise on her back. She is still extremely sore. We have a meet on Friday morning. :( I told her it's like she has whiplash through her entire body. Lots of motrin and epsom salt baths, and prayers of course!

dd peeled on bars Friday. She hit the mat with a flat back. She hit so hard that the seam of her leo left a bruise on her back. She is still extremely sore. We have a meet on Friday morning. :( I told her it's like she has whiplash through her entire body. Lots of motrin and epsom salt baths, and prayers of course!
Oh no! that stinks. Lots of healing thoughts!!!!

ouch!! hope she feels better soon.

Poor thing. Hope she feels better soon.

Thanks guys! One of her teammate's moms is a former pt. I had her look at her tonight, she thinks it's just sprained/strained. Nothing scary standing out. She modified her workout tonight, just ran a few routines on each event, and stretched. Hoping she can still shine Friday morning! Thanks again for the kind words and well wishes.

Thinking good thoughts for her, and I so hope she rises to the occasion tomorrow!

I was at Lady Luck this past weekend; and during a level 5 bar warm-up in the other flight, a kid peeled off in the back, peddled madly in the air before crashing down. I did not get a view of how she hit the ground; but she stayed there for a few minutes and the onsite athletic trainer was called over to take a look at her.

Timed warm-ups eventually resumed, as did the gymnast. Going by her warm-up performance after, I'd say the kid was an experienced, decent bar worker; and that her peel is just one of those fluke occurrences- which reinforces the idea that peels can happen on tap swings to any gymnast no matter how experienced. So always a good idea to stand there on the alert. Just in case.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back