WAG Bars Problems Hands Slipping Off

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

lime-gymnast

Gymnast
I am not on a typical competitive team but am starting to learn giants and the problem is my hands keep slipping off by the second giant or the flyaway. The chalk is fine as no one else has this problem but for some reason, even on doing a few basic tap swings I always feel my hands slipping off. It sometimes results in peeling off the bar even when my form is correct. I’m not sure why it’s happening but it’s making bars really difficult, as my hands feel like they’re falling off the bars a lot of the time! If anyone else has experienced something similar please let me know what can be done to correct it!

Are you new to grips or trying to swing giants with grips that arnt broken in, not sized correctly, or too worn out?
My grips are not new, I don’t think they are worn out but I’m not sure how I’d be able to tell. That would be disappointing though, as breaking in new grips takes a bit. I’ve had these since November of 2021, and they’ve worked great since then until I recently started having this problem.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back