Photos of good technique

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was wondering if anyone had a good collection of photos showing good technique in a range of gymnastics skills. I coach at a small club with lower level gymnasts. I have put a few pictures up of split jumps etc which have proved to be helpful. I would like pictures that can be printed off into A4 size in reasonable quality.

Also does anyone have overlayed pictures of skills??? Similar to this type of thing Gold and Silver for American Gymnasts - The New York Times > Olympics 2008 > Slide Show > Slide 1 of 7
but for more basic skills.

Thanks

Are there you tube videos that show how the routines are supposed to look? I stumbled on some for boys levels, but am holding off showing them to my son because I know some skills may be changing.

I can think of some sites that show video clips of skills/technique, but I can't seem to find any sites with plain pictures, especially of a quality that can be printed. I think it might be best to search places like Yahoo images, Getty, etc. Search for news/editorial pictures and they usually have some from major meets where you can find some basic shapes and skills.
http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/S...y=editorial&p=gymnastics&assetType=image&ep=2

Last edited:
Thanks for your responses. Getty images has some very beautiful photos. I have played some youtube clips during training in the past and they have been very helpful for their understanding. Ideally however I would prefer to have a really nice collection of pictures. I already have put up some of Katelyn Ohasi's split leaps and split handstands and the girls love them, especially as there are no higher level gymnasts training at our gym. These images from about.com are more what am after How to Do a Handstand -- Learn How to Do a Perfect Handstand

Maybe there is already a flickr page with pictures that would be helpful for coaches???

I have even screen captured pictures from you tube clips as shown in the picture attached(JoeLangley - YouTube). I am sure other people have done this type of thing already... High bar swings.jpg

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back