Repeat level 4 or prep opt

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

If the girls practice the same hours and eventually get tracked back to USAG optionals successfully, then I would probably consider it.

1. If she does prep-op, when will she transfer back to USAG and how does that work? How do the girls do at the gym that go straight USAG compared to those that go the prep-op route? Do they devote as much time to getting good solid skills to the girls doing prep-op as they do for USAG girls? Are they in same or different training groups? Are hours decreased? Do they sacrifice form, solid skills for fun?

This would be my concern as well. In our state it "seems" that the majority of the kids are tracked into usag or prep op and prep op "can" be a place of no return. Not necessarily a bad thing for many girls, just something to consider. Find out how your gym uses prep op.

I personally like compulsories and feel it helps the girls build solid basic gymnastics skills and teaches attention to detail and diligence. Our gym uses prep op to provide an alternative program for girls who are not advancing well in the usag levels but still want to compete. (ie not ready to move up after 2+ yrs at a level, or are the very oldest in their level and it could become a self esteem issue)

Sometimes "boredom" in the gym from an 8 yr old is actually frustration. Maybe she doesn't understand the corrections she's being given, maybe she doesn't understand what the expectations are for her this year, and especially without uptraining she may not understand why she is even there if in her mind she has already done all of this and can already do all these skills.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back