Parents Somebody likes me!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

For those of you who remeber my Biggest girl was supposed to be at a meet at 6:45am, 90 mins drive from home.

So today, two days before the competition, the schedule has been changed. Our HC was at another meet last weekend and she said the judges were not happy with how big the groups were for the meet, like a group of 15 kids followed by a group of 40 kids all at the same level!!!:eek: HC said that the judges wanted to change it to make it more balanced, nice judges!

Now Bigger B is at 11:30am on Saturday and Baby B is at 10:50am on Sunday, now it does wreck the weekend and my son is coming home, but we get to sleep in our own beds and the girls will get to ski with Dad when they are not competing, big bonus.

I will spend some time with son on the Monday when I drive him back to the city!

Yay!!!:D

Sadly now some other parents will be scrambling like crazy people trying to make this work, I know one team is coming from a remote community over 8 hours away and now their girls are in that ridiculously early time block. ZZToo bad for them.:(

Glad the schedule change works out so well for you! Good luck to both Bogs!

Our meets can start until 8:00 (registration can start at 7:30, but they can't be on the floor before 8:00). I think they are suppose to be off the floor by 9:30 Sat, 9:00 on Sunday, but it seems awards sometimes run over.

6:25 am is just tooo early for anyone!

Glad things work out for you. Will they each get time with their brother when they are not competing? That could be nice.

And of course someone likes you, how could they not!

Yea!!! Glad things worked out--how weird changing it two days before, but good for the girls and hope they do well and have fun :))-(hope you do too)

Aw you are too sweet flippersmom. They will both get time with their brother. I will pcik him up on Friday, si each of them will get a whole day and every evening with him. He hasn't been home for a month, way too long as he is only 17, we miss him.

I remember when Bigger Bog was 6 and first competing her meets were always at 6am, we would have to leave home at 4am and it would always be -22c or even colder. I feel now that they are older we shouldn't get those times and they should be kept for newbies!!!

I think that sometimes clubs accept too many gymnasts and just cannot manage them, they also seem to forget how far some clubs have to travel.

THanks Taximom!

Glad things are working out Bog!!!! Isn't it great how Karma works out and rewards the good people!!! And how nice that their big bro is coming into town for a visit as well!! Awesome!!!

6:25 is madness and I am so glad you do NOT have to partake in that!!!:)
Enjoy, hope it turns out to be a great weekend!

thats great the times work out better for you!! and yes its good that they will have big brother time too (well guessing they still want to LOL)

6:20? Okay.. I am not going to whine about our 8:30 meet time on Sunday...

I am sorry that big brother isnt coming home afterall...that puts a damper on things.

Tell the Bogs good luck this weekend!

Pleased for you about the times. Will the girls have to go and board away when they get to 17 too or are there some local options?

Pleased for you about the times. Will the girls have to go and board away when they get to 17 too or are there some local options?

Sadly nothing local after high school, there are no dorms either, so we will probably buy a small condo in the city and move there during the college years for the girls. My son is fortunate, he had a close friend move to the city with his family and so he lives in a house with a Mom and three other kids he likes who all go to the same college. We just have to PAY!!! 17 is very young for the country kids to move to colleg. My son went from a high school of 150 to a collge of 3500, talk about culture shock!!!

It's a bit like sixth form college but more diversified, and very interesting. Just too far away. No choice though so we do what we do, they quickly get embroiled in life and you can hardly tell them they can't have friends! Normally I go down during the week to see him, but I had a French exchange student here for two weeks, so it has been quite a while.

Very glad that you don't have that crazy early meet time! Sad that your son isn't coming home this weekend. Hopefully soon. I am NOT looking forward to the day my kids leave home. Hugs! Good luck to the girls this weekend!!

I'm so not a morning person. Pixie had a meet she had to be there at 6:45 AM. Those early morning start times are crazy. Especially for a mom who doesn't get much sleep the night before meets anyway, lol! Pixie handled it much better than I did, by far!

Are your girl's early birds? What about mom? ;)
Good luck to the Bogs this weekend!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back