Sweatpants Syndrom

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I agree with ur jeans idea! Can we design some shirts while we're at it? cause i always find i have to go up a size for the shoulders and then the stomach is huge! gymnasts really do need their own line of clothing!! =)

They sure do! A boys clothing.... My brother is like WAY underweight and we can't find him clothes that fit... doesn't help that money is tight and that we have to wear and rewear all of or current clothes...I have jeans that fit me when I was five inches smaller! But someone so needs to do that....:D

Lets make a chalkbucket line of clothing! haha. In Hollister I have to buy up at least a size so my arms can fit in them. I don't have as much as a problem with pants but i probably will soon because my legs are getting more muscular from cross country. haha.

I have a uniform for school so I can't wear sweatpants anyway... But on like dress down days I don't wear sweatpants usually.
Around the house or to the gym thats like all I wear though. But I don't really wear them out of the house unless we're all just chillin at somebody's house or something. haha

yea

I have pajama pants syndrome. In fact I am in pajama pants now. They are so comfortable and warm. I see no problem with it but everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Lets make a chalkbucket line of clothing! haha. In Hollister I have to buy up at least a size so my arms can fit in them. I don't have as much as a problem with pants but i probably will soon because my legs are getting more muscular from cross country. haha.

I have a uniform for school so I can't wear sweatpants anyway... But on like dress down days I don't wear sweatpants usually.
Around the house or to the gym thats like all I wear though. But I don't really wear them out of the house unless we're all just chillin at somebody's house or something. haha

Hollister sizes run small anyway. They cater to 5th graders. Not kidding. A 0 and Abercrombie and Fitch or American Eagle equals a 3 at Hollister.

And whoever could make a fashion line for gymnasts with jeans and sweaters and such would be a millionaire. I think you have to be good at drawing to be a designer, or be able to sew, or at least one of the two.

And whoever could make a fashion line for gymnasts with jeans and sweaters and such would be a millionaire. I think you have to be good at drawing to be a designer, or be able to sew, or at least one of the two.

yup. and it would be nice if they were CHEAP because I can't afford a $25 shirt from Hollister or Ambercromie or American Eagle! It's good ol' JCPenny's for me! I think I have athletic shorts syndrome. That's all I wear it seems! Sometimes I'll wear jeans but I only have like two pairs.

Only two pairs of jeans? I think I'm up to 14 pairs now. It helps having a younger sister taller than me who hands them down. I'm completely addicted. :)

Only two pairs of jeans? I think I'm up to 14 pairs now. It helps having a younger sister taller than me who hands them down. I'm completely addicted. :)

Oh no lol. I shared the same addiction at a young age...it never goes away. It actually gets worse. I actually devote a portion of what I make to my jeans fund, my husband finds it ridiculous. In your teens it's abercrombie and holister, as an adult it's 7 for all mankind, true religion, and joe's jeans. PUT A STOP TO IT IF YOU CAN AND SAVE YOURSELF!

Oh no lol. I shared the same addiction at a young age...it never goes away. It actually gets worse. I actually devote a portion of what I make to my jeans fund, my husband finds it ridiculous. In your teens it's abercrombie and holister, as an adult it's 7 for all mankind, true religion, and joe's jeans. PUT A STOP TO IT IF YOU CAN AND SAVE YOURSELF!

Ha I love jeans. I wish I could have more. :D I get mine from Levi's and Xhiliration. :D It cannot be stopped! teehee...well, I don't want it too. Although I don't think I'm so addicted as you and gracefulone!

Haha. I thought I'd be done buying jeans as I started back to school shopping august, and then I saw these perfect dark skinny jeans on sale for $7 at an abercrombie outlet mall, and then there were the deep purple skinny jeans at forever 21. I'm just awful!

HA! You so are!!!! Actually I'm wearing sweatpants right now!!! It's raining (finally feeling like fall!!!) so I decided to wear them... :D

I as well will not buy them for my kids. They can have "dressier" sweat pants or some comfy elastic waist gauchos if they want to be comfy. Infact my son is so accustomed to wearing khaki shorts he goes to the gym in them. Luckily he is only preschool aged so its not an issue yet. :)

I do however think its some style going on. When i go to my dance class the high school girls are always in sweat pants. And my younger brothers is too (college).

Its not worth the fight though. Let her go through her sweatpants stage lol. Maybe take her shopping and get some "dressier" ones hehe

I'm no gymnast but my "outfit" as my friend's call it is jeans & a t-shirt....I dont go for looks but for comfort. If I could wear sweats every day I would;)

my dd loves to wear sweats too, it does though have to be from Justice w/ monkeys or frogs or something gymnastics related on them somewhere.

Ha I love jeans. I wish I could have more. :D I get mine from Levi's and Xhiliration. :D It cannot be stopped! teehee...well, I don't want it too. Although I don't think I'm so addicted as you and gracefulone!

I've just discovered Rock and Republic. The 'jeans fund' is prepared, but I find myself holding back due to rediscovering Bebe Sport. Their pants are all I coach in now. I have a pair thats 4 years old that are black (My husband equates how hard I worked with how much chalk they're covered in) with a wide white stripe down the side. I wash them like crazy and they're perfect. In fact, I'll probably be wearing them for my chalkbucket invitational submission later. There wasn't much of a selection back when I bought them, but now there are tons. Work related, tax write off!

Haha. I thought I'd be done buying jeans as I started back to school shopping august, and then I saw these perfect dark skinny jeans on sale for $7 at an abercrombie outlet mall, and then there were the deep purple skinny jeans at forever 21. I'm just awful!

I LOVE outlets malls! There's one somewhat near me thats awesome, but the best is the huge one in Las Vegas. When I visit my parents I make them take me there, and I swear a chorus of angels sings everytime we pull into the parking lot! Danskin has a shop there that I pillage for comfy pants not of the sweatpant variety. They also have sports bras for every possible athletic endeavor that are under 10 bucks. There's a swimsuit shop there too that has Juicy Couture suit separates for 20-35 dollars if it's way past the swimsuit season. If you get there early enough you can find the right size in both pieces but it's hit or miss. I'd never pay full price for that, but heck ya I'll take outlet prices and fake it for next season!

Last edited:
I LOVE outlets malls! There's one somewhat near me thats awesome, but the best is the huge one in Las Vegas. When I visit my parents I make them take me there, and I swear a chorus of angels sings everytime we pull into the parking lot! Danskin has a shop there that I pillage for comfy pants not of the sweatpant variety. They also have sports bras for every possible athletic endeavor that are under 10 bucks. There's a swimsuit shop there too that has Juicy Couture suit separates for 20-35 dollars if it's way past the swimsuit season. If you get there early enough you can find the right size in both pieces but it's hit or miss. I'd never pay full price for that, but heck ya I'll take outlet prices and fake it for next season!

I love them too! I miss the Roseville mall in California though. That was an awesome place! :)

We have the same problem! I would love to even see a pair of jeans!! I always try to remind her that she does gymnastics yes but she isn't ONLY a gymnast! I want her to look like a regular average 9 yr old too! (mind you one with big muscles, true! LOL)

Looks like my daughter has developed something that could be called sweatpants syndrom.The only pants she wants to wear anymore are sweatpants.I know she wants to be comfortable especially now since she gets homeschooled but she will also wear them anywhere else.Is this common under gymnasts?

We have the same problem! I would love to even see a pair of jeans!! I always try to remind her that she does gymnastics yes but she isn't ONLY a gymnast! I want her to look like a regular average 9 yr old too! (mind you one with big muscles, true! LOL)

Big muscles...the bonus of gym. :D

LOL thats so funny and yes i wear sweatpants alot (there so comfty). I just wear them around he house and at the store, stuff like that. If I were to go out to dinner I would'nt wear them though, but once I got home they would be on me again. lol.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back