Parents Those who travel far to their gym...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Curlyfry7

Proud Parent
.....what do you your time? My daughter has just done a gym change, and the new gym is going to be almost an hour from home one way. I am usually pretty good about keeping myself occupied, but I am tying to be more purposeful going forward. So.....please share what you do to keep yourself busy or entertained while waiting through your gymmie’s practice!!! I will often check schoolwork (we homeschool) or meal plan, and also have a good portable hobby (knitting) but looking for additional ideas!!!

I walk, joined a Yoga studio, sometimes bring my dog and read in the park. I also run errands like grocery shopping and Target.

Reactions: sce
When I went down, I joined a gym and worked out, went to the library, some grocery shopping, walks with other parents, did some work, took a class for work, hung out and got to know other gym moms, etc. (Love that I do not have to do that anymore, but good luck with it!)

My daughters gymn is an hour away too. But I have 2 other children (4 year old and a baby) do they keep me pretty much entertained. If I was by myself I would catch up on anything that needs doing. Emails. Online food shop. Update diary. Go for a walk if nice. Go to nesr by shops if I need anything.

I workout out at the gym or take me bike and go for a ride. I also shop when needed. When extremely bored I also volunteer around the gym. During the last hour of practice I get the dinner order ready, prepare or buy dinner for the ride home.

I read books and listen to POD Casts. DD likes if I watch if I am actually in the gym so the POD casts are nice cause I am not bored but I can still somewhat pay attention to what she is doing when I would read my head was always down.

I don't envy the hour drive each way but goodness, having a few hours to myself during practice sounds like heaven! :p I think meal planning/online grocery shopping would be a big one for me.

I Found a gym that lets me work out for five dollars a time. They also have a Trader Joe’s which we don’t have so I’ll shop there. And because I’m a teacher I have a lot of grading to do so I do that

Gym to work out, walk, errands and food shop (in winter). In summer if my husband gets off work early a date.

.....what do you your time? My daughter has just done a gym change, and the new gym is going to be almost an hour from home one way. I am usually pretty good about keeping myself occupied, but I am tying to be more purposeful going forward. So.....please share what you do to keep yourself busy or entertained while waiting through your gymmie’s practice!!! I will often check schoolwork (we homeschool) or meal plan, and also have a good portable hobby (knitting) but looking for additional ideas!!!
I signed up at a gym and workout for an hour or so. I also bring “work” whether it’s 9-5 emails or projects or doing meal prep and bills.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back