Parents TOPs testing .. how's it going?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The 95 percent on skills was her points as a percentage of the total points for skills. This is not her score. I did not have clarity on Physical abilities scoring so that 95 is in isolation. So waiting for her score. This is her second test. Her first test she achieved 94.3 although I did not see the worksheets for that session so I don't have 100 percent confidence that's correct.
I was told my daughters total score is an 81.53 of 100%. I have no experience with this and no clue how she will fall in comparison. I'm hoping the cutoff is lower than that

Yes a 10 year old. From what I reading it looks that way too :( I'm just upset bc she wasn't given the opportunity to start training for testing until June while another started in November and scored higher of course. My girl worked so hard and will most likely watch her teammate go...

I would not be upset yet. That is still a really good score and it all depends on the range and where the distribution is. We were supposed to test last year as a 9 year old and just started way too late so did not test. Then we started two mornings a week before school and during regular JO practice and we made progress so went for it this year as a 10 year old. Best of luck to you. As I told my daughter either way it made you stronger and I am proud of her hard work. I understand most 10s end up in B camp just because of the older age. Hard to believe your old at 10.

Yes a 10 year old. From what I reading it looks that way too :( I'm just upset bc she wasn't given the opportunity to start training for testing until June while another started in November and scored higher of course. My girl worked so hard and will most likely watch her teammate go...
Don't be upset! All the girls worked hard! Please know some kids work nonstop TOPs workouts for all their gym hours for months before testing! Also some very well known gyms don't even do TOPs testing ( WOGA for one example ).. just feel comfortable knowing your DD got experience and strength:) hang in there! Trust me you aren't alone!

congrats! Does anyone know the cut off score for 10year olds?
Good question! Can someone in the know (my 10yr old IGC Bronze is not a TOPS kid lol) tell me how it works out of sheer curiosity? Do they take the highest certain number/percentage of scores? And remind me again (there was a thread on this last year that I can't find) about TOPS A/B vs Developmental Invite Team? And isn't there a fourth one? Thanks! Totally curious! Congrats to all that made it! A few girls Puma Jr used to compete against are on the list :)

No list of Invite girls this year?

This list is the result of state testing. It names the TOPs national qualifiers who qualified to test at the NTTC in October. At National Testing, these qualifiers will test again before national staff. TOPs teams will be named from those scores.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back