Update on Ankle brace/tape question from a week ago

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well, it turns out that what ds thought was pain caused by his ankles was actually caused by falling arches. The orthopedist recommended he wear arch supports in his shoes and to keep his shoes on during gymnastics for the next 3 weeks. He's not supposed to do tumbling or vault until his feet feel better, which won't be a problem since he can barely walk anyway. Getting around school is becoming a major issue. School really freaked out when I asked that he not have to walk more than necessary and requested that he use the elevator for a couple of weeks. I do understand that it's a liability problem, but geez, it's only temporary!

Anyone else experience flat foot/fallen arches pain? How did it work itself out? Were arch supports enough, or was physical therapy recommended?

Oh I tell you, you're on on the path I have trodden. Baby Bog had that issue as well. She was given excercises to strengthen them and that did help, but it is something they have to do daily at home, so you both have to be on the ball for that. Until then arch supports in all shoes, no bare feet until the pain is gone. Then Baby Bog used FABS arch supports in the gym. Very pricey, not very hard wearing, but they made a huge difference.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back