MAG What an amazing difference 18 months makes!! (a bit of a brag)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

momto2js

Proud Parent
I have watched these videos back to back and I simply can't believe it is the same kid. Most parents don't understand, but I figured you would all appreciate these and understand how proud I am of my kid!!

This one is from his first meet. 2 days after his 6th birthday. I know most coaches would not have taken this kid to a meet, but he was on a pretty old level 4 team and she didn't want him to be left out. He scored a generous 5.1 and was last on the floor.

Fast forward 18 months to this years state meet.

This time, a 9.6 and second place a on the floor. In that 18 months he improved his AA score 26.2 points. After a really tough year at the gym. I can hardly believe it!!

Love it! What a difference. You can tell he worked hard. I always go back and watch my sons videos from his first year. It reminds me how far he has come!

He is so cute! That first video is precious!!! And what an improvement :) Way to go!

They work so hard, but the progress is incremental, so sometimes it's hard to remember how far they have come. I still like to look back at those old videos from time to time to remind myself! Or I can just watch our tiny L4s work out, which I love to do (they are also for the most part very young).

He really has come a long way, but that first video is sooo cute! Especially how his coach had to help him salute to start and reminded him to salute at the end. But now he's really doing a nice job on floor.

Soooo cute. I remember when I was just proud that they went out in front of all those people, and remembered the routine!!!!
Tell him congrats! He is going to rock it!

He looks great! It makes me really wonder if my level 4 son should repeat. His floor at his first meet was his best of the year. lol.

I love it! He improved so much! Did he repeat L4 as a 6-year-old?

My son also had his first meet days after his 6th birthday this past Nov, and it was... interesting. I think he scored 6.1 on floor and 5.9 on p-bars. Only 4 months later at states, he scored 9.0 on floor (without either of the bonuses) and 9.1 on p-bars. AA went up 15 points between the first and last meet. I am tempted to post before/after videos, but I'm nervous about putting too much out on a public forum. The difference really is astounding. They are working on some L5 skills with them right now, but he will most likely repeat L4. He still has some major form issues that need to be worked out. Due to his birthday, he'll still compete as a 6-year-old.

He he competed a second year level 4 as a 6 year old. It was hard for him. He was part of a really tight team the first year and he was the youngest by about 2 years. It was an unusually older level 4 team. He was the only one that didn't move up.

The team this year was really young and he was disappointed to have to repeat. Focus was often an issue. He trained 2 days with the level 4s and one day with the level 5s. It worked ok, but wasn't ideal. He is REALLY EXCITED to finally be an official level 5! Most of his first hear teammates are repeating level 5 and not many 4s are moving up so I am hoping next year will be better all the way around.

Love it. I made a video recently with my ds's routines from early on to now. It is a great reminder of how far they have come.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back