Parents When does you season start

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Our L5's & L6's start competing the first weekend in October. They will do 1 Meet in Oct 2 in Nov and 1 In Dec.. Not counting state.

My DD is an Optional she starts competing in January. Her season runs through the beginning of April.

Wisconsin's compulsory season runs from Sept to states the first weekend of Dec, optionals and boys run from Jan to states end of March/beginning of April.

This year all of the team will start with an invitational in Dec in MN and other invitational meets Jan to March with the optional girl L8 and boys going to state meets. Our compulsory girls will just do the invitational meets Dec to March and then get back to their compulsory season fall of '09.

DD will compete Dec to March as level 4, then fall of '09 as Level 5.

Barb

We did not get the meet schedule yet but last year they started around december and we were finished in March. The older optional girls competed until the begining of the summer.

Another NJ'ian here. Dd is competing level 8. Her first meet will be the Rutgers Classic the end of November. We are also going to Christmas on the Chesapeake in Dec.

I thought that dd had until December to get everything ready, but once the Rutgers Classic was put on the schedule, I realized she has less time and has to be ready by mid-November.

My oldest has a meet at the end of Nov, the end of Feb and the end of March. That's it.

Youngest will either do the same meets as her sister or in a different league she'l have 3 meets between Jan & April.

We don't have all the cool invitationals that you seem to have in the States, our meets are qualifiers to Provincials (like States) and qualifying is not based on a score but the top 32 girls in the whole province go (can be up to 300 girls at each level/age)
Wow, do you wish your DDs had more meets? I'm sure it keeps life mellow, but I also believe that each meet is a great learning opportunity, and a few more would be nice!

Wow, do you wish your DDs had more meets? I'm sure it keeps life mellow, but I also believe that each meet is a great learning opportunity, and a few more would be nice!

Gosh yes, it seems all they do is train routines. Boring when it is only for 3 meets. I guess that there are so few clubs here and they are all so far apart it just isn't an option to have invitationals. The gym system in Quebec is nuts and very complicated.

Even more so when you realise that to get to our States equivalent here you have to be in the top 32 out of about 300 girls. It is not nearly as motivating for the girls if they know going into the meets that they don't stand a chance against girls who train twice the hours they do.

Which is why it is a good thing my girls love their gym and their training, they certainly don't do it for the meets. Their comp leos look brand new after the season, funny that!

Bogwoppit, the 'Provincials' qualification requirements in your area are insane! Can't you lead a rebellion? Seems to me the more girls that qualify, the bigger the meet, and whomever is hosting it makes more money in the end....but I'm not sure how it works there...

Your girls most assuredly do love their sport. It's great that they enjoy just being a part of their gym and training there. Good for them! It can't, and shouldn't be, only about scores & medals.

I guess you don't have to buy many leos! The girls probably grow out of them long before the leos actually wear out! You should sell your used ones on e-bay!

Bogwoppit, the 'Provincials' qualification requirements in your area are insane! Can't you lead a rebellion? Seems to me the more girls that qualify, the bigger the meet, and whomever is hosting it makes more money in the end....but I'm not sure how it works there...

Your girls most assuredly do love their sport. It's great that they enjoy just being a part of their gym and training there. Good for them! It can't, and shouldn't be, only about scores & medals.

I guess you don't have to buy many leos! The girls probably grow out of them long before the leos actually wear out! You should sell your used ones on e-bay!

What do you mean," I don't have to buy many leos"?:confused: Isn't it obligatory to have a new leo for each and every practice.:p

Our provincial meets are run by a host club, but the guidlines are set by Quebec Gym Federation and run to a 50 page document about who, what, when and why. It is not all about the gymnast here at all. They don't want mega meets, in fact the meet is over two days and only has two sets of equipment. All levels all ages including MAG. It does suck, but I think it is just the way it is and has always been. The only people who really make money here is the company that owns the equipment that has to be rented if you host a meet. The stuff arrives in a big truck from Gymnova, we are not allowed to use anything but, and let me tell you it's expensive.

When does everybodies competion season start? My dd is in preteam and not competeing yet, but can't wait to get updates from all thoses that are competing.

In Indiana meets start the weekend of 9/20, but our gym does not compete in their first one until close to the end of November. State meets are in March.

What do you mean," I don't have to buy many leos"?:confused: Isn't it obligatory to have a new leo for each and every practice.:p

Our provincial meets are run by a host club, but the guidlines are set by Quebec Gym Federation and run to a 50 page document about who, what, when and why. It is not all about the gymnast here at all. They don't want mega meets, in fact the meet is over two days and only has two sets of equipment. All levels all ages including MAG. It does suck, but I think it is just the way it is and has always been. The only people who really make money here is the company that owns the equipment that has to be rented if you host a meet. The stuff arrives in a big truck from Gymnova, we are not allowed to use anything but, and let me tell you it's expensive.
I guess I meant you don't have to buy many comp leos! Those can run in the $100's at some gyms! But yeah, the little princesses do require a new leo for just about every practice!

We were spending a ton on DD's practice leos, b/c she is so slim, most did not fit well, only GK (big $$$ over the long run). But here in FL, there is a lady near our gym that most of the girls go to--aptly named, "the leo lady"---and she makes 'em for $10 if you bring fabric, or sells them for $6 if you buy the ones she's already made! And the best part is, they actually fit DD!

But I digress...

Your gym/meet system there sounds pretty TIGHTLY controlled. I guess the muckity-mucks that write that '50 page document' of meet requirements get a big kick-back from Gym Nova, eh?

Oh well, at least you HAVE gym there, and sounds like your DD's have a good gym, at that. So, we learn to be happy w/ what we have, that's the secret to a happy life (along w/a good bottle of wine now & then, of course)!

But I digress again...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back