Parents Would you say something

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

momnipotent

Proud Parent
Judge
Slightly off-topic, but if you realized that you 'knew' another family at your gym from their posts here on chalkbucket, would you say anything? (Or if you do know someone from your gym from here, have you said anything?) Our children aren't in the same training group, but I do occasionally see the family at events/open gym. It seems kinda awkward to go up and say "hey, I'm momnipotent from chalkbucket" but I feel like I might want to know if another family from my gym was on here and knew who I was...opinions?

Maybe you should tell them here that you may know them. Ask if they'd like to meet and swap stories or advice and laugh about the coincidence. I've always thought that facing potentially awkward situations head-on with good-natured humor is the best way to handle things.:)

I guess it depends on how important anonymity is to you? And if you get the vibe it's important to them or not. I definitely know a few people in "real life" (lol), but I'm obviously pretty open. It wouldn't be tough to track me down! But I totally respect that some people need to stay anonymous. You could pm her maybe? Unless she's posted things alluding to needing to stay anonymous or has vented a lot about the gym, I think it's fine! Trust your gut :)

I agree to PM first!

Lots of us want to keep some degree of anonymity so we can continue to ask semi-sensitive questions in a public forum. But if someone did ID me, I would definitely want to know and I'd be happy to connect. I just wouldn't want to be surprised off guard - especially at gym within possible earshot of others. :rolleyes:

It happened to me at our gym, but the other lady really didn't use chalkbucket alot, and she told me so. We used to just say hello when passing in the gym.

I like to remain anonymous, but if someone recognized me I would definitely rather them let me know. I try to be careful about what I post, but I've put enough information on here about my son that someone who already knew him would make the connection. It doesn't help that MAG is a smaller community.

I would probably send a PM in your situation.

Yep. I had someone Pm me when I first joined saying they know what gym I go to. It was good, as it made me aware the net is soooo not anonymous. I'm pretty careful with what I post now, many times I have clicked the cancel button on a vent. :p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back