11/12/11

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

At our gymnastics meet this past Saturday, my level 4 had a 9.0 on beam and 8.4 on vault. Took a fall on her dismount off bars. She was trying to stick her landing and fell backwards brushing her butt on the floor. All the while keeping her hands up. She tried! Then on floor she lost her balance going into her split and ended up putting both hands down. Ugh, sometimes it's hard being coach and mom. Of coarse she looked right at me. She was disappointed but I smiled as if to tell her "finish the rest of the routine strong" and she did but she was bummed with her AA score. Just fell under that 33. Her first meet she got a 35 AA. This is her second year in level 4 so she of coarse is wanting the scores bad to mandate to level 5.

My second year level 5 had a really nice floor routine (if you take out her back extension), she got an 8.8 which is her highest floor score. She was really happy about that. Vault 7.5 (her form is bad), bars 7.4, she got her kips but they were not pretty and not connected, beam 8.1 and took a fall on the mount. She continues to work hard in the gym and she is slowly bettering her scores and form.

Very proud of both of them for doing the best they can!

Well, there's always another meet at least that's what I tell my DD. Sounds like they tried their best. :) Good luck at the next one.

WTG to your DD. Sounds like they both had a pretty good meet. Like they say.."Live to compete another day".

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back