MAG 1st L5 pre-meet jitters!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

munchkin3

Proud Parent
DS competes next weekend for his first L5 meet. He is pretty prepared . He does not know what to expect....He finished L4 with flying colors and he knows this will be VERY different.

He's got most bonuses....Floor is OK, not his best event but he gets through it.....double BHS...sometimes no rebound...
Rings...muscle up OK, inlocate with not too much stopping.
HBar good, Kip with cast although he still takes a huge swing, half turn not high enough....
P Bars- decent if he keeps knees straight...depends on the day....hits most handstands.
Horse-good , mushroom w good flairs.
Oh yeah I almost forgot Vault!.........run, tuck, stick

In general we are psyched! I keep telling him to have fun and enjoy the competition adrenaline....However he does will be great!

Oh Well...WISH HIM LUCK!!!

Hopefully I will REALLY be as relaxed as I am telling him I am:p...
I will let you know how it goes.

Last edited:
Good Luck

My DS has finished L5 competition season this year and would like to share some (11yr old) words of encouragement :). He says to stay in the moment and focus on what you're doing, not what comes next and always try your hardest and have fun. DS placed 5th at our National Championships in September and is now really enjoying training for level 6. He has had a year full of injuries and has had plenty of time to reflect on what the gymnastics journey is all about :eek:. Wishing your son lots of luck and good wishes - those are impressive skills he will be displaying and take your time to enjoy the show!

I am sure he'll do fine, he had a great last season and it sounds like he is ready for L5. Good luck to him, oh and remember to BREATHE!!!

Good luck!!!! Don't forget to get some video if you can! It would be cool to see some men's gymnastics on this board!!!

Sending him lots of good luck and some calming fairies for both of you! :) Can't wait to hear all about it. THough the play by plays with mens gymnastics don't translate well into my head. Video would be nice, hint, hint. LOL.

Good luck to your son. I remember when my boy competed for the first time last year. He was all prepared and then he got an attack of the nerves. Sweaty, pale felt sick. He had never actually felt nervous before. I just calmly told him that he knew what he was doing and just go and try your best. It worked he returned with gold on vault, silver on rings & p/bars.

Good luck to your DS. Sounds like he is ready, I am sure he'll do great !!! Can't wait to hear about it.

Good luck. He sounds prepared and I'm sure he'll have a great season. My ds is doing his first season of L 5 too. Sounds like your ds has more of the bonuses. Mine is missing the muscle up and the flairs on the mushroom.

DS had an in-house preseason meet last weekend. I think he did fine. He had a few falls (like 4!) and scored 76 AA. Once he settles down and gets a little more consistent, I think he's going to have a good season.

Good Luck! I see you are in Florida....are you competing in Orlando? Our boys are competing there this w/e too. Good Luck and post video, I agree, it would be fun to see the boys on here too!!

Finally back!! All this Holiday commotion....
DS did very well at the Judges Cup...He came in 6th AA...He was shooting for top 5 so....he did well for his first L5 meet. He said he was the most nervous for this meet!
The scoring was TOUGH! there were so many 9s, 10,s 11s! Anything over a 14 was VERY good....
I guess that is good though....it will prepare DS for a competitive year...
Well, Here are his routines..

YouTube - 2009 Fl Judges Cup Level 5 Boys Gymnastics

Nice routines, especially on mushroom.

Your son has very nice lines and very nice toe point.

Thanks for the complement for DS....
He got like 12.8-14 on all those....Oh well,like I said maybe it is a rude awakening for the L4 Florida State Champ!! Keeps em working hard!
I am very proud!
Thanks again for input everyone....It is nice to be able to talk about all this to people who understand...

MERRY CHRISTMAS

So much fun to see vid of BOYS gymnastics on here for a change! Your son DS did a GREAT JOB!!! Congratulations to him! Looks like he's going to have a great season:D!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back