1st Level 8 Meet Update

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well the meet went pretty well. Here are my scores:
Vt: 8.6 - Competed tsuks! Made the 1st one with 3 steps to the side and fell on the 2nd
Ub: 8.35 - basically a hit routine, my casts could have been higher and I only started out of a 9.5 without a pirouette
Bb: 7.85 - My coach just stood there for the bhs and didn't touch me! I swung through and connected pretty well, but I fell on the cw; bad leg cws are sooo hard on beam! My switch leap was also really bad; my 1st split was bigger than my 2nd!:p
Fx: 7.3 - fell on my double flight because I went too hard for the front pike and was leaning forward too much when I punched into the front tuck. The rest of the routine was pretty good; for some reason my sv was only 9.5; not sure why
AA: 32.1 (my goal was a 32!)
So I'm happy I did what I was capable of doing with the little time I had to prepare. My mom did video my routines but I need to figure out how to get them on the computer, I'll post them if I figure it out! Thanks to everyone who wished me luck and reminded me to have fun; I enjoyed this meet more than any in a while!

Great job!!!! And your scores will only get better from here!! I hope we'll get to see the video! :D

Great job! It's always nice to compete all of those new skills for the first time and get some of the nerves out of the way, so way to go on going for everything. I'm so glad that you had fun and I'm sure things will only go up from here!

Great job!!! It sounds like you had a great time, and now that you've competed your first L8 meet, you've gotten out the jitters. Things will just improve from here on out!

Congrats! I'd consider that a GREAT first level 8 meet! Would love to see a video :) It's been so long since I competed level 8, so I've forgotten all the requirements - why do you compete a bad-leg cartwheel on beam? Anyway, good luck to you for the rest of your season! Keep having fun!

she does a bhs cartwheel as her sieres and you cant take a step in between or it wont be counted as a seires. You swing your bad leg through after the bhs (your good leg is the one that steps down) so you have to do a bad leg cartwheel. OR she could have done a bad leg bhs step out and a good leg cartwheel.
Im not even sure if you will be able to understand that!

Well the meet went pretty well. Here are my scores:
Vt: 8.6 - Competed tsuks! Made the 1st one with 3 steps to the side and fell on the 2nd
Ub: 8.35 - basically a hit routine, my casts could have been higher and I only started out of a 9.5 without a pirouette
Bb: 7.85 - My coach just stood there for the bhs and didn't touch me! I swung through and connected pretty well, but I fell on the cw; bad leg cws are sooo hard on beam! My switch leap was also really bad; my 1st split was bigger than my 2nd!:p
Fx: 7.3 - fell on my double flight because I went too hard for the front pike and was leaning forward too much when I punched into the front tuck. The rest of the routine was pretty good; for some reason my sv was only 9.5; not sure why
AA: 32.1 (my goal was a 32!)
So I'm happy I did what I was capable of doing with the little time I had to prepare. My mom did video my routines but I need to figure out how to get them on the computer, I'll post them if I figure it out! Thanks to everyone who wished me luck and reminded me to have fun; I enjoyed this meet more than any in a while!

Congrats on getting your first L8 meet underneath you and achieving your goal. Our daughter had her first L8 meet last weekend. It was a nice introduction for her because it was just her and another girl from her gym who needed a meet to score out of L8 and go to L9. The rest of her L8 pals will be joining her for the next one I'm sure. Our daughter also competed a Tsuck vault. She thinks it sounds cool to talk about a stuck Tsuck and stuck tuck but not a Tsuck tuck [if I didn't mess something up there]. Good luck with the rest of your season.

Congratulations on meeting you goal of at least 32, on your first meet no less! Your SV on floor might of only been 9.5 due to the double salto pass, you might not of gotten credit for it. Hard to tell by just going off of what you said.

Good luck at your next meet!

Great Job, my dd has her first L8 meet coming up. It is a huge accomplishment..... Not many gymnasts make it to L8. You should be very proud of yourself!

Thanks everybody! This was my lowest AA ever (by a lot :D), but I know I did basically as well as I could do so I'm happy with that. I have 3 weeks before my next meet and I want to get over a 33; considering I only had about a week to prepare for this meet and I lost a point on floor that I can pretty easily make up it shouldn't be too hard. I'd like to be scoring 35's by the end of the season; these first meets are just stepping stones! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back