Parents 1st T&T Meet Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

WOW! What an awesome first T&T meet!! Love the meet report and good explanations--thanks :)

Oh how wonderful for her!!! Sounds like she had a lot of fun and scored VERY WELL as well... good for her.

I DO hope you post a video? I would love to see her routines. She was so beautiful to watch on her artistic events too!

Oh how wonderful for her!!! Sounds like she had a lot of fun and scored VERY WELL as well... good for her.

I DO hope you post a video? I would love to see her routines. She was so beautiful to watch on her artistic events too!
I'll try & get a vid together, since you asked! I wasn't going to, as she did L5 at this meet and I hate to say, it doesn't look like much. Don't throw tomatoes at me! I know it's hard to do simple LOOKING skills, and correctly, we all know that. But her routines are, well, kinda tame looking, lol! Thanks for asking! I'll work on it... ;P

...if they step out of bounds or skip a required skill or whatever, the score gets 'interrupted' at that point & they do not get credit for the rest of the routine! So in artistic, if you fall off the beam, you'd get a deduction, but you get back on & get credit for the rest of your skills. In T&T, your score is just 'done' at that point. You only get credit for what you did correctly up the the point of the mess-up. Yikes!....

If I was born 60 years earlier I'd probably say crikey!!
That seems an awfully hard rule. Does that mean they save their hardest tricks for the end of the routine?
Congrats to your DD - what a fab result for her first comp!!

If I was born 60 years earlier I'd probably say crikey!!
That seems an awfully hard rule. Does that mean they save their hardest tricks for the end of the routine?
Congrats to your DD - what a fab result for her first comp!!
Crikey is right, ha-ha! In answer to your question, I don't really know if they save their hard tricks for the end of the routine. Doesn't seem to me that they did, especially watching the L9's thru Elite. I think it's just the nature of Tramp. You've got a semi-moving obect underneath you, and if you don't hit your skills just so, you & the object work against each other! But that is my un-educated impression of it all. I will have to research it a bit, as now I am curious! It sure seemed to plague everyone, even the Tramp Elites we saw at the VISA champs a few months ago!

Alrighty, here is the vid. Keep in mind she had to start @ L5. As in Artistic, the skills look pretty tame until L8 or so. But we parents know how hard they work to do those simple-looking skills correctly, right?! :cool:

YouTube - K's 1st T&T Meet 1/10

Thanks for all the support! ;)

Awesome! She was really great! My dd competes tumbling (USTA sub-novice) but not trampoline or double mini.

And, though those passes might not appear difficult, the rules and deductions are so tough in trampoline and tumbling it is really really difficult to score well. There are deductions for EVERYTHING! I think there's even a deduction in USTA if the arms don't finish parallel to the floor on the stick after the rebound...

Congratulations on an amazing first meet! I'm really glad she's enjoying her new thing!

Congratulations to her! She did a great job and I loved the video :) Are you all in Dallas? I saw the sign at the beginning of the video. I grew up there! :)

Congratulations to her! She did a great job and I loved the video :) Are you all in Dallas? I saw the sign at the beginning of the video. I grew up there! :)
Thanks for the nice comment!

Yes, we are in the Dallas area. We like this area right now, as it's a great environment in which to raise kids. Are you happy to be in WA?

That is too fun to watch. I am looking forward to the next one already.

We saw this on YouTube before seeing this post. Haven't been on a lot lately. Really nice job. She has great form and I am so happy she is loving it!!

My DD said if she ever can't do gym she wants to do TnT. On Tuesdays now, her group is being coached by the TnT coach on tramp. Not sure what the purpose is, but she LOVES it. :D They do it as one of their rotations that day.

We saw this on YouTube before seeing this post. Haven't been on a lot lately. Really nice job. She has great form and I am so happy she is loving it!!

DD said if she ever can't do gym she wants to do TnT. On Tuesdays now, her group is being coached by the TnT coach on tramp. Not sure what the purpose is, but she LOVES it. :D They do it as one of their rotations that day.
Thanks, Mariposa! That's nice that your DD gets to do some Tramp in her workout. I think it's a great apparatus for teaching many of the skills necessary for gymnastics,without the impact of the floor/beam. Dd says Tramp is her favorite event to do at workout. Hope things are ok w/ you! :)

Thanks for the nice comment!

Yes, we are in the Dallas area. We like this area right now, as it's a great environment in which to raise kids. Are you happy to be in WA?

I am happy in Washington. It is a lot different than Texas but it is so nice to live near all this natural beauty. The ocean is less than 10 minutes away and the mountains you can see all around on a clear day. I do miss Texas though. I grew up in University Park and my sister now lives in Carrollton, my mom in North Dallas and my dad in the Irving area. We are looking at taking a trip back there this summer with all our kids (mine and his)

Great video!! Don't they have mats around the tramp in case someone falls off?! (Can't you tell we have one of those ones with the net around it).

Great video!! Don't they have mats around the tramp in case someone falls off?! (Can't you tell we have one of those ones with the net around it).
Thanks!

Yes there are mats around the tramp. And there are spotters stationed around it also, which is nice!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back