DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MD Judges Invite Landover, MD 11/6
Christmas on the Chesapeake Balto, MD 12/10-12
Hanover Classic Hanover, PA 1/14-16
Excalibur Cup Virginia Beach, VA 2/18-20

plus 2 league meets and states PLUS Y nationals

Hi stranger!

Bummer, we're not doing the X-mas on the Chesapeake this year. We are doing the Maryland Classic (Hill's) instead. Our old gym is doing it, though. Wasn't too happy about the scoring there anyway. Good luck to your dd!!

Hi stranger!

Bummer, we're not doing the X-mas on the Chesapeake this year. We are doing the Maryland Classic (Hill's) instead. Our old gym is doing it, though. Wasn't too happy about the scoring there anyway. Good luck to your dd!!

Hey! I have been watching Olivia's progress that you have been sharing and was kinda sad we wouldn't be at any of the same meets this year. Maybe we will see each other at states at the same spot as last year :)

And yes...I don't really enjoy the scoring at the COTC but I do like the way the meet is run and my DD enjoys spending time around the Inner Harbor after the meet is over.

Is anyone going to the Classic Rock Invitational in Phoenix AZ. Looks like DDs gym is going for L7-10 and said that if enough L6s want to go they can too. We just started looking at the hotels and wondered which would be the best to stay at logistics wise from the stadium. Any info about this meet is appreciated. I heard its a lot of fun for the girls. :)

Is anyone going to the Classic Rock Invitational in Phoenix AZ. Looks like DDs gym is going for L7-10 and said that if enough L6s want to go they can too. We just started looking at the hotels and wondered which would be the best to stay at logistics wise from the stadium. Any info about this meet is appreciated. I heard its a lot of fun for the girls. :)

Just got my ds's schedule, and our boys are going to this one. I don't know about the girls yet...we still have one more meet this "fall" season, and I think our 1st "winter/spring" is Jan 29th and that's the Flyin' High meet that our booster's club hosts. We will be in our new gym by then and are planning on having our very first "at the gym" meet, instead of renting out the HS gymnasium.

I have no idea when we will get our girls' schedule. Soon I hope, as I have a feeling between ds and dd that I may have a few transportation logistics to work out, lol!

Azgymmiemom let me know if you are going, maybe we could meet up at some point :). What level is DD?

Both my dd and ds who compete are level 4's. It'd be great to meet up, as I'm sure my dd and ds's sessions will be as far away from each other as humanly possible :rolleyes:

we are looking forward to cheering on our optionals girls...we have a pretty little optionals team-so they need a big cheering section!!

MD Judges Invite Landover, MD 11/6
Christmas on the Chesapeake Balto, MD 12/10-12
Hanover Classic Hanover, PA 1/14-16
Excalibur Cup Virginia Beach, VA 2/18-20

plus 2 league meets and states PLUS Y nationals

Swiftli, we will be at Excalibur Cup. Is your dd a L7? If so, we may be in the same session.

We will be at the Excalibur cup as well, since my daughter goes to that gym, and we are hosting it! LoL!!

Your dd is an L8, though, right? We may watch that session as our gym will have quite a few girls competing.

Alexis' schedule...

October 23rd-24th (DONE) ~ Monster Mash; Springfield IL
November 20th-21st ~ Horton Invite; Bloomington, IL
December 10th-12 ~ Hoosier Cup; Indianapolis, IN
January 15th-16th ~ St. Jude; Peoria, IL
January 29th-30th ~ King Arthur; Coal City, IL
February 4th - 6th ~ Gateway Classic; Collinsville, IL
February 12th-13th ~ Heart of Illinois; Decatur, IL
February 25th-27th ~ St. Louis Classic; St. Louis, MO
March 5th-6h ~ Jump for JRA; Quincy, IL (our gym hosts this one)

My DD will be at the Hoosier Cup meet in December. She's a L5. What level is yours?

We finally got our meet schedule

11/5-11/6 we are hosting the optional training camp for SC

1/14-1/16 Gamecock Invite Columbia, SC

2/3-2/6 Tiger Paw Classic. Clemson, SC

2/25-2/27 Charleston Cup Carleston, SC

3/11-3/13 National Gymnastics Challenge. University of Georgia

3/25-3/27 L5-10 States. Parris Island, SC

4/8-4/10 L7/8 Regionals. Atlanta, GA

Looks like we'll be at 2 of the same meets:
1/8-9: Snowflake Classic
1/14-17: Flip Fest Inv
1/21-23: Crown Inv
1/28-30: Sterling Classic
**2/3-6: Tiger Paw Classic
2/11-13: Atlanta Centennial Classic
2/25-27: Smoky Mountain Classic
**3/11-13: National Gymnastics Challenge
3/25-27: Lady Bug Inv
3/25-27: Level 9/10 state
4/1-3: Level 4/5/6/PO state
4/15-17: Level 9/10 regionals
5/6-8: Level 9 Easterns OR
5/13-15: Level 10 Nationals (If qualifies)

Looks like we'll be at 2 of the same meets:
1/8-9: Snowflake Classic
1/14-17: Flip Fest Inv
1/21-23: Crown Inv
1/28-30: Sterling Classic
**2/3-6: Tiger Paw Classic
2/11-13: Atlanta Centennial Classic
2/25-27: Smoky Mountain Classic
**3/11-13: National Gymnastics Challenge
3/25-27: Lady Bug Inv
3/25-27: Level 9/10 state
4/1-3: Level 4/5/6/PO state
4/15-17: Level 9/10 regionals
5/6-8: Level 9 Easterns OR
5/13-15: Level 10 Nationals (If qualifies)

Cool. I am looking forward to the National Gymnastics Challenge. This is the 1st time we are doing this meet. I think it is so cool that the girls will get to see UGA and Michigan compete on Saturday night.

Both my dd and ds who compete are level 4's. It'd be great to meet up, as I'm sure my dd and ds's sessions will be as far away from each other as humanly possible :rolleyes:

we are looking forward to cheering on our optionals girls...we have a pretty little optionals team-so they need a big cheering section!!

Great, maybe our optionals will be at the same time :). As it gets closer I will PM you to work out details :D

Well they put up the schedule

Arkansas Pepsi Challenge, Hot Springs (our gym), Dec 11th~13th, (L2-10)

Yankee Doodle Dandy, Pine Bluff, Jan 7th~10th (L2-10)

Tulsa World, Tulsa OK, Jan 15th~17th (L6-10)

Mega "Go Green" Invitational, North Little Rock, Jan 15th~17th (L2-5)

Louisiana Cup, Shreveport LA, Feb 5th~7th (L3-10)

Durham's Invitational, Fayetteville, Feb 20th~21st (L4-10)

Emerald Classic, Cabot, March 5th~7th (L2-10)

Arkansas State Championship, Little Rock, March 18~20th (L4-10)

Level 8 Regionals, Norman OK, April 8th~10th (L8)

Level 9&10 Regional, Plano TX, April 15th~17th (L9-10)

Level 9 Westerns, San Deigo CA, May 6th~10th (L9)

JO Nationals, Long Beach CA, May 13th~15th (L10)

So after all that, i realize i am the only one living around here. I dont see ANYONE else with any of these meets..LOL.
I do have a question. Most of these meets (all but one) takes up three days. Either starting on Friday, or ending on Monday. Is this "normal". Its not really during holidays, so the kids will have to miss school to attend. Just wondering if this is typical.

I was a coach in Arkansas for several yrs before a knee injury forced me to quit. I can tell you most of these are the "big" meets in Arkansas. Yankee Doodle is always hugh and will take all 3 days.
Emerald classic is also the last meet before state and will be large for that reason.
Mega tends to end up being a smaller meet with only Friday night and Saturday needed. (Normally 2/3's compete friday).
State will be a very long weekend. Normally 2 sessions of 4's, 2 sessions of 5, one session 6 and 7, and on session 8 and up. Sometimes the 6's are combined with the 8+'s due to a low number of 6's in the state.
Cant comment on the others because I dont go watch those.
Hope this helps

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back